Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

A really awful scenario for the end of the season would be that we put lots into the conference league, like we are doing, and continue to do. But we lose the final. We help to achieve the 5th place for CL, but miss out by a point or so and finish 6th. Very very unlikely. But would be annoying. 

Well I mean it's awful end in a relative sense. It's still a good season for Aston Villa overall.

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The same article put the 4th place chances as like 55-45 in favour of Spurs. I wonder how that's changed now.

its pretty much even now but they have us as slight favourites to win today so if that doesn't happen it will likely revert to before

57 minutes ago, turvontour said:

A really awful scenario for the end of the season would be that we put lots into the conference league, like we are doing, and continue to do. But we lose the final. We help to achieve the 5th place for CL, but miss out by a point or so and finish 6th. Very very unlikely. But would be annoying. 

Well I mean it's awful end in a relative sense. It's still a good season for Aston Villa overall.

That would be extremely annoying. Luckily we won’t finish 6th

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I’d feel physically sick if this happened.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just thinking… if both Leon and Moussa are playing well (hoping the latter has restored confidence and can hit some sustained form)… to keep them in the side and in favoured positions (either side of Ollie, who is hopefully fine and continues to fire in the goals).. and try to tear through teams… amongst the best wingers or wide forwards in the league, on their day? Attack and hurt the opposition with a front 3 while keeping midfield stable and fairly defensive…

I don’t know… 😆

None of us do. That's why we're pontificting on a forum and enjoying the ride rather  than managing elite football  teams

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

I’m sure they’ve won this season… just can’t remember anything in 2024 bar abject results (Freiburg aside) and fans disliking Moyes.

They beat Brentford 4-2 last month. 

• Thanks 1

Pundits and commentary seemed to think this result means Spurs are back in the driving seat. Eh? I know they have the game in hand but I'd rather have the 3 points thanks.

• Like 2

It's a really good point that if we beat Wolves.

Spurs have West Ham away in two games time. Based on how Vicario struggles on set pieces they'll really struggle to defend West Ham's corner and free kicks. Never seen Emi look so bad on corners as he did today.

• Like 2

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Yep agreed, I think although we want to win every game. Given the suspensions, injuries and schedule that was a solid point. 

You only want to win every game if there's still people on here you genuinely think we're still in a title race....bless 'em.

Four more wins and we'll be very close to 4th now the GD has readjusted slightly in our favour.

• Like 1