Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

It's difficult to know what are aims are anymore. Do we want to be one of the best teams in Europe, or is 4th to 6th acceptable as a target. I suppose the results dictate a lot of that. 

It feels fine to me to beat Bournemouth and then only get a point v Arsenal and Man City, but what is the aim? Interesting ten days ahead. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's difficult to know what are aims are anymore. Do we want to be one of the best teams in Europe, or is 4th to 6th acceptable as a target. I suppose the results dictate a lot of that. 

It feels fine to me to beat Bournemouth and then only get a point v Arsenal and Man City, but what is the aim? Interesting ten days ahead. 

Gonna throw a wild thought out but perhaps the aim is to try and win all three? Much the same as the aim would be to win any game……..

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gonna throw a wild thought out but perhaps the aim is to try and win all three? Much the same as the aim would be to win any game……..

I mean changing perception to our expectation. Obviously all teams want to win all games always.

At the start of the season, I would have been really happy with 5 or 6th.

If we win our next 3 like you say, 5th or 6th would be pretty disappointing. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I think before the season, being as we finished 7th giving loads of teams a 12 game head start with that mug Gerrard then 6th was the minimum, but with a view to push for more.