Marco Asensio

wishywashy

41 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Who knows..players change their minds every 2 seconds..literally he could be about to sign and then poof...happens a lot..wait and see this evening.

Maybe I'm just reading way too much into what you've put, but this also hints at knowing something is going on! Why this evening?! That's rhetorical...I'll be patient and try not to get too carried away :D

4 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

Maybe I'm just reading way too much into what you've put, but this also hints at knowing something is going on! Why this evening?! That's rhetorical...I'll be patient and try not to get too carried away :D

Heard similar re PSG yesterday, that the other suitors were out the race but PSG were pushing hard... ( As well as Madrid trying to keep him with promise of more playing time ), however we were apparently convinced " We've done enough " etc

As @OLDVILLAIN said though, these things can change in an instant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Are we all in agreement we'll probably hear something tonight on this? 

Open your back door around 8pm and if you're very quiet and very lucky you might just hear his agent laughing all the way to el banco.

Just now, Chindie said:

Open your back door around 8pm and if you're very quiet and very lucky you might just hear his agent laughing all the way to el banco.

Where does this team play? Can't believe he'd choose El Banco over us.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Heard similar re PSG yesterday, that the other suitors were out the race but PSG were pushing hard... ( As well as Madrid trying to keep him with promise of more playing time ), however we were apparently convinced " We've done enough " etc

As @OLDVILLAIN said though, these things can change in an instant.

Thanks both. After Unsworth I don't even count on it AFTER they've signed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Coutinho elevated our profile absolutely. Asensio would be a statement name. This might the one window we have to push on at the expense of clubs like Spurs and use Unai and our strong finish and wealth to sign big quality names. Sometimes the stars all align. I hope we can pull this off. 

Yep, we have to view Spurs and Chelsea as sides that we can and need to thwart next season. If we had Emery all last season, we might be in the Champions League. So we should be aiming for 4th, at the expense of Spurs, Chelsea and one of Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal. Is this a fanciful notion? Perhaps. But Emery appears to be full of piss and vinegar and if we get a few real impact players in this summer, we should set our sights on that tournament.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Open your back door around 8pm and if you're very quiet and very lucky you might just hear his agent laughing all the way to el banco

New Tapas bar in the Bull Ring?

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Am I the only one that wouldn't be dissapointed if this didn't happen?

It’s too late, I already have mental images of him winning the Europa League single-handedly for us.

lol I’m trying to not get carried away considering who’s been “reporting” on this. I’d be a little bummed but not disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s too late, I already have mental images of him winning the Europa League single-handedly for us.

lol I’m trying to not get carried away considering who’s been “reporting” on this. I’d be a little bummed but not disappointed.

I'm already having mental images of him and Moreno in a ice bath for Aston Villa's new calendar.

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Can we do two Kenneth’s on one page?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Is this one of those 'go outside and clap at the same time' things? Do we all need to #ApplauseForAsensio to get this over the line?

Â