Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/23 at 22:59

Just got back, I agree with many comments on here. Brighton players are such a moaning bunch of sods. The ref had a shocker. Crowd were great, the noise where I was in the upper Holte was immense.

It should have been less stressful as knowing that if we conceded then Europe was over.....but we did it ...VTID

• Like 2

What an unbelievable effort from the boys. I didn't think Europe was possible until we beat Newcastle. Then a defeat to Wolves which I thought that was that, but to get 7 points versus Spurs, Liverpool and Brighton was a fantastic return. Today wasn't the best of games as we looked a bit scrappy and we missed Moreno but we saw the game out. Emery needs a statue. What a season, Europe for the first time since 2010. That was the loudest roar at the final whistle I have ever heard at Villa Park.

• Like 1

Incredible atmosphere.  Brighton looked dangerous as they attacked, but so did we. 
JJ, SJM brilliant.  Referee absolutely horrific. 

My only moan is with the PA system and the music after the game. Not bloody needed when we are trying to serenade the players!  I don’t want to listen to the Black Eyed Peas when I’m singing ‘we’re all going  on a European tour etc etc’. 
I don’t want to hear it next year when we are qualifying for the Champion League.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thunderball said:

Would have loved to see Everton go down today. You feel next season will be another struggle but with Dyche they will be a horrible ugly side who have a chance 

The more horrifically mediocre clubs we can pack into this league, the better for us. A lot of decent clubs punching above their weight rn like ourselves - Brentford, Brighton, obviously Newcastle too, I'd probably put Fulham in there also. West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs will all come back stronger next season and the championship promotion sides are as usual wildcards that could be tough to beat.

Give me Evertons any day.

13 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

65 years old and Villa still make my eyes water 

I agree, I am 65 next month and this club really takes you through the lows and highs 😊

After the match I felt knackered, as if I had played every 90 minutes of that game......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a day. I knew the plan was to welcome the coach in but when I got there about 14:45 I was blown away by how many had turned up to do it. I said to boy thst it reminded me a bit of the play offs at Wembley, fans lining the streets, it just had that cup final buzz. 

The atmosphere inside was epic. Spurs scoring after 2mins (and going on to win at a canter) didn’t help my nerves but what a performance under that amount of pressure, and what an outburst of emotion when that final whistle went. I still can’t believe it. 

Owners, manager, players and fans - thank you. What a ride it’s been. 

What a terrific game and how the lads worked for that result. European nights back at Villa Park, let's all enjoy them and win the thing (after all we are Aston Villa & we have UE who is a serial European trophy winner:)). Neither Brighton, that referee or Spurs could deny us, now bring on Kazakhstan's finest in the qualifier! 🍾

I hope this makes your day - Random & Forum Games - KH13 · for Kingdom  Hearts

• Like 2

A great game to watch and experience for the Villa players which will help them in future.

J. Ramsey MOTM by far, one thing he has done well since he broke through was running at pace with the ball, he's so quick! More PL assists than Greal-Hiss this season too (in one less game).

Honourable mentions to Kamara, Luiz forming a great partnership. McGinn, Konsa and Mings.

Thought Cash had a tough game but did well in the second-half; shut Mitoma down a few times.

Thought the referee was shockingly bad, gave them almost everything and Pascal Groß was an embarrassment, screaming for a foul at every challenge.

A must win game and Professor Emery delivered again.

The future is exciting!

UTV

• Like 1

Very interested to see if B&HA can continue their streak of "hits" with new players replacing outgoings. MacAllister is 100% off, Caicedo and Ferguson most likely off this summer, Colwill back to Chelsea and I would expect strong interest in Mitoma, Buonanotte and Enciso as well. 

Their squad is about to be gutted, and I'm not sure even their incredible scouting system can keep this model going forever. 

No doubt they will buy well, but thats two massive holes to fill and if they were to lose some others on that list that's a lot of new integration over a summer into a squad which will be competing on 4 fronts next year. 

Wouldn't be suprised to see a West Ham from them next season. 

Edited by Steero113

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

First glance, and it looks like Diego Carlos has got boxing gloves on and is a cruiser weight contender. Looking closer they are his thighs. Jesus

15 hours ago, Wurzel said:

With you mate, 54 and still it means the world. I lost my Dad 12 years ago and he was a life long Villa fan, it's taken time but we are back Dad.

When you 55 mate

Â