Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/23 at 22:59

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Anyone got the attendance figure for Sunday's game ?

Just had a quick search...it's as if they want to keep it a secret.

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Anyone got the attendance figure for Sunday's game ?

Nothing was announced at the ground at the time (that I can recall, however excitement might have got the better of me). Unofficially I have seen elsewhere 42,212. I'd probably wait a few more days and see if anything comes to light.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Nothing was announced at the ground at the time (that I can recall, however excitement might have got the better of me). Unofficially I have seen elsewhere 42,212. I'd probably wait a few more days and see if anything comes to light.

Definitely nothing announced during the game or on the scoreboard like usual.

I know because me and my brother always have a £5 bet on who gets the nearest guess.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wikipedia now has it down at 42,212 - not sure where they'll have got that figure from though.

Thanks.Yeah @Unused Sub mentioned that figure above too. I'll see if anything else materialises and go with that and an asterisk in the absence of anything else.

I’ve rewatched this game a few times now and our second half performance kind of escaped me at the time but it was actually superb. Restricted Brighton to one half chance basically (Mac Allister from the edge of the box) for the entire half whilst we should have scored at least one more with Ramsey missing the open goal and Luiz striking the bar from a corner standing out.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wikipedia now has it down at 42,212 - not sure where they'll have got that figure from though.

Surprised if it was that high, have we had any 42k + crowds this season as the readjustment in corner of North/Witton were the away fans are knocked a couple of hundred off the capacity.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised if it was that high, have we had any 42k + crowds this season as the readjustment in corner of North/Witton were the away fans are knocked a couple of hundred off the capacity.

Spurs, Newcastle, Forest, Leeds, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Man Utd were all over 42,000, although it looks like Brighton was our highest attendance of the season.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure if anyone noticed but we reduced the segregation to just the stairs in the lower doug ellis a couple of months ago. I think there was something covering seats before that. Possibly where slightly higher attendance figures are coming from. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spurs, Newcastle, Forest, Leeds, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Man Utd were all over 42,000, although it looks like Brighton was our highest attendance of the season.

Ah right. I don't tend to check them since the pandemic for some reason but pretty sure a while back our attendances were around 41,800 or so so good we're above 42k again.

Can remember 20 years our sell out figure was always 42, 606 or something like that for games v Liverpool, Man. United and SHA.

Â