Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brighton

limpid

Match Polls  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/23 at 22:59

For me ScGinn MOM,  Ramsey showing he is going to be a key player next year, Mings and Konsa really solid, as was Emi.

Brighton are a very good team, and highlighted some of our weaknesses. Midfield was a bit overwhelmed at times. A big fan of Kamara, but not at his best, but we had enough chances today to win a bit more convincing.

I would have about 4 or 5 Brighton players by the way.

We should be in for Caceido if he is avavilable.

• Like 2

What a way to get European football.

If we had start well and fizzled out to make 7th it would have been a disappointment, but to do the opposite and achieve this after such a terrible start to the season feels so special.

Europa Conference, is the minimum this club should be achieving given our history, fan base, and infrastructure. This is the first season in a long time where what has been happening on the pitch is reflective of the the standard of the club as a whole. 

The match today was excellent. Not just a great, and deserved result (we were definitely the better team over 90 minutes), but a fantastically entertaining and high quality football match.

Every player put in at least a Seven out of 10 bar Buendia (but as a sub it's understandable). 

Special mention to Ramsey, Luiz, and Kamara, who were excellent today.  Kamara almost back to he best. Luiz was very good once again, and 7 goals for the season as a DM is a great return. Ramsey, two assists (should be 2 goals as well), looked like a proper left winger today, unplayable at times. 

As usual the referee was inconsistent, and made a mistake with most of his yellows. 

And also as usual the commentary was atrocious.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

For me ScGinn MOM,  Ramsey showing he is going to be a key player next year, Mings and Konsa really solid, as was Emi.

Brighton are a very good team, and highlighted some of our weaknesses. Midfield was a bit overwhelmed at times. A big fan of Kamara, but not at his best, but we had enough chances today to win a bit more convincing.

I would have about 4 or 5 Brighton players by the way.

We should be in for Caceido if he is avavilable.

I didn't see it that way, I saw Kamara put a few fires out, especially in that 2nd half .

He was composed as ever with the ball at his feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

In that Twitter clip of Nas and Wes congratulating the players, McGinn is in the background being interviewed by Sky?

OK. Just looked like the pre and post match was all from Goodison Park. It was poor. It would be nice to see those post match scenes properly if anyone has a link. 

Â