Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

I think Mings is probably saved by the fact that Gakpo's momentum carries him into Mings' boot and Mings' ankle is kind of trapped where he can't withdraw it

If I'm downing cans while Shearer or somebody on MOTD later is constantly replaying it while boohooing that Mings not getting a red cost Liverpool a Champions League place, I'll be a happy boy

• Like 1

Absolute joke that it was even considered for serious foul play that's literally the point of the high foot rule. Mings clears the ball. Gets a booking for high foot. But no bellend on commentary mings is a very lucky boy. 

• Like 2

Really good half from us. Especially as we're playing against the ref too. 

The amount of times they're holding our players or literally pushing them to the ground and no free kick being awarded is utterly ridiculous. 

Tough game, and they’re trying so hard to use the darks arts. But I don’t feel overly threatened by them. We staying organised and giving them something to think about with our offensive play. 

I’m nervous af, yet I’m enjoying it 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, AVTuco said:

I think the ref's been good. He's given us the set pieces we should've had. He gave us a pen. He gave Mings a yellow, as he should. He didn't give a pen to liverpool on two occations. All big decisions have gone right.

Yup.

But Fabinho should be booked.

• Like 3

Just now, Annoyman said:

I think Mings is probably saved by the fact that Gakpo's momentum carries him into Mings' boot and Mings' ankle is kind of trapped where he can't withdraw it

If I'm downing cans while Shearer or somebody on MOTD later is constantly replaying it while boohooing that Mings not getting a red cost Liverpool a Champions League place, I'll be a happy boy

It's a high foot. Even if mings gets gakpos head it's a booking. He's not full frontal kicked him like they are pretending he's cleared the ball and a player has run into his leg at an angle. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Absolute joke that it was even considered for serious foul play that's literally the point of the high foot rule. Mings clears the ball. Gets a booking for high foot. But no bellend on commentary mings is a very lucky boy. 

Who is that?

Just now, AVTuco said:

I think the ref's been good. He's given us the set pieces we should've had. He gave us a pen. He gave Mings a yellow, as he should. He didn't give a pen to liverpool on two occations. All big decisions have gone right.

Wait till the second half, it'll be Liverpools turn.

We're at the end of the season playing in a massive game to put us in a position for European football. 

Of course everyone is going to be on edge, what would you expect?