Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

And there is no one saying they wouldn’t cheer him on, but people are still allowed an opinion. This a fan forum to discuss things. If everyone stfu, may as well close the site 

I'd quite happily read fewer whining posts about players who'd clearly improve the side tbh. There might be quite a lot but I don't you need to abandon ship when there are plenty of other things to talk about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'd quite happily read fewer whining posts about players who'd clearly improve the side tbh. There might be quite a lot but I don't you need to abandon ship when there are plenty of other things to talk about. 

Suppose it depends on opinion whether you think Lo Celso improves the side…some people like me don’t.

Lo Celso would be an OK signing but centre midfield is the strongest part of our team now. I don't think any new signing is replacing Kamara, Luiz and a rejuvenated McGinn

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Question: Does Emery want him?

If the answer is yes, then fans need to stfu, defer to a man who knows a damn sight more than we do, and cheer him on. 

Yes but unless Emery signs up to VillaTalk we’re not going to know that until he signs so in the meantime we have to argue between ourselves.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes but unless Emery signs up to VillaTalk we’re not going to know that until he signs so in the meantime we have to argue between ourselves.

Even if Emery did sign up to VT do really expect him to tell us what he was planning/doing.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Was he in the team when they won the World Cup….nope! 

He was injured, but before that he was starting most of their games and was one of their best players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Good evening, everyone.

(note I didn’t do an ‘ebening’ joke)

Are we saying there's going to be an individual thread here for every player we're credibly linked to? 

It's going to be a big window with lots of names, even coming from credible sources.

If he is being signed to play central midfield...... I don't see the point?

I thought people thought that he was going to be playing one of the Ramsey/McGinn roles?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If he is being signed to play central midfield...... I don't see the point?

I thought people thought that he was going to be playing one of the Ramsey/McGinn roles?

I thought this, but, don't be surprised if Emery switches from the 442 to a 433/451. I think it was @JAMAICAN-VILLAN who posted something really interesting about Emery's views on formations. And I don't think 442 is always his preference, depending on the players/ability levels he has at his disposal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Well you're not gonna change it. On a forum which has thousands (I assume?) of members, of course you're not gonna agree with every opinion.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I thought this, but, don't be surprised if Emery switches from the 442 to a 433/451. I think it was @JAMAICAN-VILLAN who posted something really interesting about Emery's views on formations. And I don't think 442 is always his preference, depending on the players/ability levels he has at his disposal.

I would be interested to see that post as I just can't see the viability in it.

For example I would love us to sign Wan Bissaka this summer as a defensive right back, something that we supposedly need for the current system.

However moving to a 433 requires someone better going forward, in effect a different player.

I thought we were set with this system under emery bar a few tweeks?

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

For example I would love us to sign Wan Bissaka this summer as a defensive right back, something that we supposedly need for the current system.

However moving to a 433 requires someone better going forward, in effect a different player.

Dig it out @JAMAICAN-VILLAN

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It was on page 312 on the team shape thread Here

Â