Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

Be surprised if Spurs sell a player to us this summer. There is going to be 1 position difference between us this season and I don't think Spurs will want to strengthen us next season. 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love us signing Argentinian Internationals!

Also love the fact fans can say Meh to them 😊 

We’ve come a long way.

Aside from the Argentinian International part, we’ve not come a long way, we are back to where we used to be as a big club, a top 10 at least club.  

Just a shame we’ve had to endure at least a decade or more of pain but thanks to the owners, Smith and now Emery we are back and with Emery the future is even brighter.  

We are incredibly lucky as fans and club to have this chance again because many big teams fall away and struggle to make it back but while we’ve struggled to win trophies or close to winning trophies for decades we were always a big team, just a painful decade or more big dip and struggling.

3 minutes ago, RichW said:

Be surprised if Spurs sell a player to us this summer. There is going to be 1 position difference between us this season and I don't think Spurs will want to strengthen us next season. 

Depends on if Spurs feel he is not needed, they might be looking to offload him, I suppose they would have to wait for their new manager to decide that.  But as others have said, Levy will try and over charge us for him, depends on how much Emery wants him.  

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Depends on if Spurs feel he is not needed, they might be looking to offload him, I suppose they would have to wait for their new manager to decide that.  But as others have said, Levy will try and over charge us for him, depends on how much Emery wants him.  

Daniel Levy usually likes to do business late in the window, don't think Villa will wait all summer for any of their top targets. 

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love us signing Argentinian Internationals!

Also love the fact fans can say Meh to them 😊 

We’ve come a long way.

I can't say I know too much about him but if UE thinks he will improve us then I am fine with that.

I think the "meh" feeling (for me) would be if Lo Celso turns out to be the marquee signing of the close season. 

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Daniel Levy usually likes to do business late in the window, don't think Villa will wait all summer for any of their top targets. 

Then they could be stuck with someone they don't want, another loan to Spain then i'd imagine.

7 minutes ago, RichW said:

I think we have much bigger targets tbh 

• Like 1

The Lo Celso situation at Spurs was down to Conte not liking him. Or so my Spurs fanatic colleague says. As we saw in our game with them they are crying out for a creative player in midfield and he rates Lo Celso.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

42 international caps for the World Cup champions and fans get negative...

VT you've done it again...

Was he in the team when they won the World Cup….nope! 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Was he in the team when they won the World Cup….nope! 

Some choose negativity, I can't help you anymore...

Thing is he would of been in the squad if not for his injury...touché.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Some choose negativity, I can't help you anymore...

I choose what I’ve seen rather than stats that don’t even include the player playing that competition.

• Confused 1

Originally was on loan at Spurs 2019 before they paid £27 million in 2020 think it was a 5 year deal as he has 2 years left on his contract. Out on loan at moment as not needed so anything between £10 & £15 million would be sensible fee nearly 50 caps for his country, would add depth to the midfield, but guessing Levy would be asking for around £50 Million 🤦‍♂️

Or maybe it's just lazy journalism as Emery has signed him before & it's just guess work. Don't forget how good we are at keeping transfers on the hush hush, the amount of players we've been linked with in past 2/3 weeks has been bonkers & I beat yet again nobody knows shit what we're upto & I bloody love. So 🖕 to the media 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

image.png.3af4e94f667f5accad2d422c03293e41.png

Copa America count Nick?

Of course and that would be a valid argument rather than World Cup.  Then the argument would be based on would we sign others players in that team, of course yes some but  I wouldn’t sign (ignoring their age) either Acura or Otamendi and to be honest I’m not convinced on Romero who has 1 excellent game and 3 poor games and at 25 can that still be coached out of him.  

Does Winning major competitions make people pause? Of course, but you still have to assess the individual and that’s what I’m doing than just looking at team stats.

• Like 1

Â