Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

Figured that this one would be one that came up this summer. Unai's signed him twice which, to me, shows that he has a level of comfort with him. Also, is probably mates with the Emi's...

The Fabrizio tweet pretty much confirms that we're in for him this summer at a reasonable price. 

23 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It would appear Emery is.

It’s just a link so far, one of dozens of players so far we’re linked with lately so we’ll have to wait and see if Emery is or whether it’s just a lazy link.

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s just a link so far, one of dozens of players so far we’re linked with lately so we’ll have to wait and see if Emery is or whether it’s just a lazy link.

Well even if the links to us are bullshit, Emery has signed him twice before so he's obviously still a fan even if we sign him or not.

• Like 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Well even if the links to us are bullshit, Emery has signed him twice before so he's obviously still a fan even if we sign him or not.

Fair but he’s at the greatest club in the world now 😉

I take every link with a pinch of salt these days, what I would say is that (like Guendouzi) I think we might see a couple of players come in that are capable of playing in a couple of different positions. 

Lo Celso would certainly fall into that bracket. 

Maybe Emery knows how to get the best out of him? Technically a very good player but always had the impression he was a bit too lightweight physically for the PL.

Romano has been wrong more than he's been right about Villa so far.  Remember the whole Guendouzi saga in January?  Romano was the one who kept reporting it's a done deal or very close and would be wrapped up that week and it never materialized.  Pretty sure agents contact him to push their clients in hopes that initial contact inquiries materialize into actual moves.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Improves the squad but not the starting XI. That said, we do need to improve the squad, so there's that. If the price is right, why not.

I almost guarantee that Levy would expect to make a profit on him if he was sold to another PL club. Especially one now in the same area of the league as Spurs.

How much did Spurs pay for him?

3 minutes ago, picicata said:

I almost guarantee that Levy would expect to make a profit on him if he was sold to another PL club. Especially one now in the same area of the league as Spurs.

How much did Spurs pay for him?

Quick Google tells me £55m 😂

A different article states £28m tho. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 1

Â