Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

I would normally be in your shoes completely on this kind of transfer, there are enough niggling doubts to make me think a player of his age and injury record in a position we're not desperate to upgrade, not really a good signing. 

However, I thought the same about Moreno in January and have been blown away and I now trust our set up 110% so if they think he'll offer us something, I will trust them until it's proven otherwise. 

Whereas I thought Moreno was a great signing, having watched very little of him before the initial link.  When linked I went and watched a lot of videos, looked at stats, style of play and thought he’d be great.  Always worry about some downsides of course but I was pro getting him in after I did my research on him.

I do agree, my knowledge is poor compared to the club and I’m only providing my opinion like all on this website and I trust Emery and his recruitment team over anything I say or think and will support anything they do like you are as well.  I’m not concerned either way, it’s all very exciting for the summer recruitment.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure why this has been bumped, signing Tielemans ended any interest as he's a very similar type of player.

The DM article from 2 days ago that talks about him to Napoli has link to our interest as old as June 8th. Just another he played for Emery so Villa are interested lazy link

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure why this has been bumped

I did cover why in the post, it's a thread dedicated to him and he was topical today. He's also continued to be linked by reliable folk as recently as about a week ago despite what our cheery friend Kiwi has said above, so pretty relevant in the grand scheme of things.

35 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I did cover why in the post, it's a thread dedicated to him and he was topical today. He's also continued to be linked by reliable folk as recently as about a week ago despite what our cheery friend Kiwi has said above, so pretty relevant in the grand scheme of things.

Why don't you just post without mentioning me. Just a post on poster because some of us tired of +100 links majority bullshit

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why don't you just post without mentioning me. Just a post on poster because some of us tired of +100 links majority bullshit

I was disagreeing with your claim rather than speaking on you personally. My initial post was literally on the topic of the sport that this forum is based on and it's only been the following posts from others that are - once again - referring to random subjective forum etiquette that most people couldn't be arsed with. You've made your point rather often that you dislike transfer speculation during the transfer window, some of us don't feel the same though, so c'est la vie and let people get on with it.🙂

Lo Celso would be an interesting one anyway.

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I was disagreeing with your claim rather than speaking on you personally. My initial post was literally on the topic of the sport that this forum is based on and it's only been the following posts from others that are - once again - referring to random subjective forum etiquette that most people couldn't be arsed with. You've made your point rather often that you dislike transfer speculation during the transfer window, some of us don't feel the same though, so c'est la vie and let people get on with it.🙂

Lo Celso would be an interesting one anyway.

Especially as we have legitimate data that Emery rates him -- he's signed him twice before. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Indigo said:

Just don't see the space for him anymore.

We have Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey and McGinn as experienced CM options. I know one of Ramsey/SJM will probably play wide a fair bit but that's still plenty and we have Tim and A. Ramsey pushing to try to be part of the squad.

Haven't even mentioned Nakamba and Sanson who I expect to have both left permanently by middle of August, Nakamba perhaps this week.

Â