Giovani Lo Celso

Villaphan04

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

If he is being signed to play central midfield...... I don't see the point?

I thought people thought that he was going to be playing one of the Ramsey/McGinn roles?

We play with 2 or 3 CMs depending on opposition. So Luiz / Kamara / McGinn are the only 3 that are the right blend of skills for those. Dendoncker too but he's a level below them. It's certainly an area we need another signing in. We need players coming off the bench at their level. 

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Levy probably wants 40 - 50m for him

I wouldn't pay more than 15m for him.

No deal.

This is it.

Levy without a manager who can tie his shoe laces together will be desperate for a win this summer.

No interest in giving Spurs money for a player they don't want. They get derisory bids and can sit on them. If they get greedy, I'll be disappointed if we can't find better players elsewhere.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

After reading that it just makes me think ..... ok well we will see how we set up for the first half a dozen games after the summer.

I suppose if that is the plan then it will need a big wedge of money for new players as it is the more 'expensive' positions that we would need to buy for.

13 hours ago, est1874 said:

Are we saying there's going to be an individual thread here for every player we're credibly linked to? 

It's going to be a big window with lots of names, even coming from credible sources.

I think we need to get a "little bit further down the line" before starting new threads on potential signings, personally. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is it.

Levy without a manager who can tie his shoe laces together will be desperate for a win this summer.

No interest in giving Spurs money for a player they don't want. They get derisory bids and can sit on them. If they get greedy, I'll be disappointed if we can't find better players elsewhere.

I really like Lo Celso as referenced earlier in the thread. 

However, given the derisory bids that we've received from that cue-ball headed pissweasel in the past, I would start the bidding at 5,000,000 Zimbabwean Dollars, a Northern Rock savings debit card and Lee Hendrie on a 6 month loan.  

• Haha 3

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Why?

Because at this rate, given the incoming summer business we are about to embark upon, there will be 14,195,199 open threads on potential signings?

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why?

Do we want a thread for every player on this list that we’ve been linked with recently…I dont and this list will expand exponentially with the summer window opening…

May 15th:
(Slow activity today)
Giovani Lo Celso, 27, (lf), CM, Tottenham
Nico Williams, 20 , (rf), W/F, Athletic Bilbao
Renato Sanches, 25, (rf), CM, PSG
Ferran Torres, 23, (rf),LW/RW, Barcelona
Dani Parejo, 34, (rf), CM, Villareal

Lately:
Dusan Vlahovic, 23, (lf), CF, Juventus
James Ward-Prowse, 28, (rf), CM, Southampton
Jefferson Lerma, 28, (rf), DM, Bournemouth (Free)
Marcelo Brozovic, 30, (both), DM, Inter
Denzel Dumfries, 27, (rf), RB/RM, Inter
Pau Torres, 26, (lf), CB, Villareal
Moussa Dembele, 26, CF, Lyon (Free)
Geoffrey Kondogbia, 30, DM, Athletic Madrid
Manuel Ugarte, 22, (rf), DM/CM, Sporting
Marco Asensio, 27, (lf), RW/LW/CAM, Real Madrid (free)
Alex Buena, 21, (rf), LW/CAM/RW, Villareal
Brennan Johnson, 21, (rf), AM/W, Nottingham
Lois Openda, 23, (rf), CF, Lens
Seko Fofana, 28, (rf), CM/DM, Lens
Kevin Danso, 24, (rf), RB/CB, Lens
Mattéo Guendouzi, 24, CM, Marseille
James McAtee, 20, CM, Man City
Reiss Nelson, 23, RW, Arsenal (fre)
Yeremy Pino, 20, LWRW, Villareal 
João Palhinha, 27, DM, Fulham
Martin Zubimendi, 24, DM, Real Siciedad
Mikel Merino, 26, CM, Real Sociedad
Samuel Iling-Junior, 19, F/LW, Juventus
Branco van den Boomen, 27, CM, Toulouse (free)
Viktor Tsygankov, 25, RW, Girona
Ibrahima Bamba, 21, CB, Vitoria
Takefusa Kubo, 21, RW, Real Sociedad
Andreas Christensen, 27, CB, Barcelona
Harvey Barnes, 25, LW, Leicester
Kieran Tierney, 25, LB, Arsenal
Lee Kang-in, 22, AM, Mallorca

Others:
Marcus Thuram, 25. CF, Borussia Monchengladbach (free)
Ivan Fresneda, 18, RB, Real Valladolid
Adrien Truffert, 21, LB, Rennes
Dion Lopy, 21, DM, Stade Reims
Orkun Kökcü, 22, CM, Feyenoord
Santiago Gimenez, 22, CF, Feyenoord
Ivan Toney, 27, CF, Brentford
Bryan Mbeuno, 23, RW, Brentford
Emile Smith Rowe, 22, AM, Arsenal
Andre Almeida, 22, CM, Valencia
Alberto Moleiro, 19, AM, Las Palmas
Pedro Goncalves, 24, AM, Sporting
Luiz Henrique, 22, RW, Real Betis
Juan Foyth, 25, RB, Villareal
Samuel Chukwueze, 23, RW, Villareal
Nicolas Jackson, 21, CF, Villareal
Kelvin Phillips, 27, DM, Man City
Kyle Walker, 33, RB, Man City

Did I miss anyone?
2023 rumours. Since Jan 1.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Because at this rate, given the incoming summer business we are about to embark upon, there will be 14,195,199 open threads on potential signings?

Acchhh, don't worry about it.

Let the zealots do the hard graft in sourcing the links, cumming prematurely when Darren on twitter says we are 'weighing up a move' and eventually getting depressed when Twatinho inevitably goes to Inter because the agent used Villa to jack up the price.

While they are busy doing that, you can sit back in your lazyboy perusing tinder and only 'occasionally' checking Villatalk, while waiting for the thread to reach page 6 before becoming fully invested yourself, like an increasingly desperate crypto bro.

Might as well just enjoy the ride pal, it's been years since any of us had this much hope! 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, nick76 said:

Suppose it depends on opinion whether you think Lo Celso improves the side…some people like me don’t.

What kind of player is he?  I haven't really watched him tbh.

Edited by bobzy

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What kind of player is he?  I haven't really watched him tbh.

I remember him to be an engine like Ramsey but it’s ages ago I watched him. Here is some interested information on him and how I remember him sort of.

Lo Celso is a versatile player with brilliant attacking qualities who can play in any central midfield role and, at Spurs, has also played from the right. He brings an engine to midfield – both with and without the ball.

Link

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

He'll be second striker competition, Emery played him as second striker / 10 in majority of his games at Villareal last year in his 4 4 2. He also played some games from RM/LM.

So this would clearly be competition for Buendia but a left footed player. He will spend parts of the season injured though as his injury record is poor. If we're shopping in the 10-15m range he's worth it imo given he has a high ceiling. 

I would expect this would mean we're a bit over stocked. Coutinho/Buendia/Lo Celso = I'd expect a Coutinho loan to be looked for 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I really like Lo Celso as referenced earlier in the thread. 

However, given the derisory bids that we've received from that cue-ball headed pissweasel in the past, I would start the bidding at 5,000,000 Zimbabwean Dollars, a Northern Rock savings debit card and Lee Hendrie on a 6 month loan.  

Plus Olsen

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Acchhh, don't worry about it.

Let the zealots do the hard graft in sourcing the links, cumming prematurely when Darren on twitter says we are 'weighing up a move' and eventually getting depressed when Twatinho inevitably goes to Inter because the agent used Villa to jack up the price.

While they are busy doing that, you can sit back in your lazyboy perusing tinder and only 'occasionally' checking Villatalk, while waiting for the thread to reach page 6 before becoming fully invested yourself, like an increasingly desperate crypto bro.

Might as well just enjoy the ride pal, it's been years since any of us had this much hope! 

I think it's  more the worry that we'll  run out of fish puns. That's  my angle anyway

• Haha 1

Totally missed that Emery gave him his first starts at PSG and he became a regular under him in midfield as RM in a midfield 3. When Emery left Lo Celso was loaned to Betis a month later and then signed for Betis the following summer.

Emery signed him on Loan at Villareal twice then, 2nd half of last season and this season. So Emery must be 100% certain what he can offer that's for sure. I think at Villa we could manage his game time more as he is a bit fragile.

For the right price this makes sense. Spurs did a big loan fee and then signed him so permanently for about £28m over 5.5 year contract. So his book value would be ~£10m so anything bid above that would be booked profit. To me it seems a good deal for up to £15m on 4 year contract

• Like 3

Â