Fans Player of the Season 2022/2023

tomav84

Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?

• Emi Martínez
    • Matty Cash
    • Calum Chambers
    • Lucas Digne
    • Ezri Konsa
    • Tyrone Mings
    • Álex Moreno
    • Ashley Young
    • Leander Dendoncker
    • Boubacar Kamara
    • Douglas Luiz
    • John McGinn
    • Jacob Ramsey
    • Leon Bailey
    • Emi Buendía
    • Philippe Coutinho
    • Jhon Durán
    • Bertrand Traoré
    • Ollie Watkins
    • Diego Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/23 at 08:00

Was Mings or Luiz for me but went with Mings and them 2 are leading the way

not sure how Emi has a few votes if honest, he hasnt been that great this season

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

not sure how Emi has a few votes if honest, he hasnt been that great this season

Can’t agree! Yes he’s had his poor moments but so many great saves, the dominance he has and the comfort his presence gives the rest of the team.  He just edges out Dougie and Mings who I can barely split the three.  Our defence is so much better with him behind them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was Mings or Luiz for me but went with Mings and them 2 are leading the way

victim of his own success maybe? i think the bar is just set incredibly high now that's all...he's been great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t agree! Yes he’s had his poor moments but so many great saves, the dominance he has and the comfort his presence gives the rest of the team.  He just edges out Dougie and Mings who I can barely split the three.  Our defence is so much better with him behind them.

Yes. You only have to say the word 'Olssen' to realise we're f***** and might aswell be playing the game with 10 men.

Martinez makes such a difference to this team and it's been largely noticed more than ever this season. One of our most important players.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

It would be Emi Martinez for me. Games are won on fine margins, and Emi has made some amazing blocks and saves at crucial points in a match which has probably helped stay in front and win us matches.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

victim of his own success maybe? i think the bar is just set incredibly high now that's all...he's been great.

I dont think he has been bad but I wouldnt say has been great, I think the Olsen fear has probably made his performances seem better than they were

Mings for me, just edging it from Dougie but either for POTS. A lengthy injury to Tyrone and we would have been in the crap due to having no other left sided CB option. Literally wins every header in our box and is the glue that keeps our defence together. A true warrior and leader. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tyrone. Professional to a tee throughout some truly atrocious treatment that I'm convinced cost him his one chance at a World Cup. 

Has then been colossal under Emery, showing his true ability and had proven so many people wrong. 

Still under appreciated by even our own fans and underestimated by opposition fans.

Has had a great season on the pitch, and has been exemplary off of it.

My captain. 

Basically this. I think his treatment by our previous manager tipped my vote ahead of Douglas Luiz.

• Like 2

Martinez has made some huge saves to win us points, Dougie has got better and better, Watkins had his hot streak and Young has played beyond his age. But for me it has to be Mings, even under Gerrard he was putting in performances. 

Emi is our best player by quite some distance. He has been really good again this season for Villa whilst, just for good measure, become the first current Villa player to win the World Cup and becoming fifa Gk of the year. Quite remarkable. He wins us so many points. Our POTY and probably always will be whilst he remains at the club. 

Been a weird season to be able to call this one, different players have had their downpoints at some stage in the season between general lack of form, injury, Gerrard etc and then massive upsides. 

Martinez is the most elite player, Watkins has had the biggest hot streak of form but I agree that through consistency of performances either Mings or Luiz deserve it most. Tough call as each of them had false starts under Gerrard and have been model performers since, can't argue with either of them taking it.

Â