Fans Player of the Season 2022/2023

tomav84

Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?

• Emi Martínez
    • Matty Cash
    • Calum Chambers
    • Lucas Digne
    • Ezri Konsa
    • Tyrone Mings
    • Álex Moreno
    • Ashley Young
    • Leander Dendoncker
    • Boubacar Kamara
    • Douglas Luiz
    • John McGinn
    • Jacob Ramsey
    • Leon Bailey
    • Emi Buendía
    • Philippe Coutinho
    • Jhon Durán
    • Bertrand Traoré
    • Ollie Watkins
    • Diego Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/23 at 08:00

For me it was between Mings and Luiz. I think Luiz has been absolutely brilliant this season, there really wasn’t much to choose between them from a performance perspective for me. 

So I went with Mings in the end simply because of the class and Leadership he has shown through the mess the last moron created with the Captaincy saga. Absolutely nothing against McGinn, but I still view Mings as our leader. 

I've decided to go for Ollie Watkins, he really stepped up after January and has had a productive season despite missing many chances and having to do a lot of the grunt work in the first 1/3 of the season. Since Emery came in, he has listened to his instructions and implemented them well, negating us selling Ings and consequently us only having really 1 senior striker in the squad hasnt hamstrung us. He also really worked on his finishing and has been a key part of us being in European contention. So many players could be in with a shout though, will be interesting to see who is the player of the season!

Without Emi Martinez, we'd probably be in 18th. Match-saver. 

There should a separate most improved award. McGinn and Watkins are second for me because of their inspiring growth. 

Mings third. Incredible leader. Never should have lost armband.

• Like 1

Mings for me, mainly due to him dealing with all the rubbish from the last regime and coming out of it and performing better than ever. Man’s got some fighter spirit and real character. 

Close second would be Luiz and McGinn. 

Douglas Luiz is my favourite Villa player and has been outstanding this season. 

But gave it Mings, the form under Emery and his importance to the side is unquestionable. He had the professionalism to move past the snubs from both Slippy G and Snouty Mc Pointysnout and has underpinned our recent streak to get within touching distance of an unlikely European spot. 

He's arguably our most important player along with Martinez. 

Titanic. 

Ashley Young for me. He defies nature, science, logic.

To perform at the level he does in such a physically demanding sport at his age is nothing short of witchcraft.

Insane. He is brilliant and damn well has earned a contract extension that I hope has a coaching clause in it. He's been nothing short of remarkable since he rejoined.

• Like 1

People giving it to Young genuinely baffles me. He’s started 22 league games. I like the guy, and he’s been the ultimate professional, but come on, this is player of the season, not club man of the year. Anyway, each their own. 

I’ve gone for Doug. He’s been fantastic this season, oozes quality and nine goal contributions from midfield is a lovely cherry on top. 

Mings and Martinez follow quite closely behind, but Doug wins it. 

Â