Fans Player of the Season 2022/2023

tomav84

Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season for 2022/23?

• Emi Martínez
    • Matty Cash
    • Calum Chambers
    • Lucas Digne
    • Ezri Konsa
    • Tyrone Mings
    • Álex Moreno
    • Ashley Young
    • Leander Dendoncker
    • Boubacar Kamara
    • Douglas Luiz
    • John McGinn
    • Jacob Ramsey
    • Leon Bailey
    • Emi Buendía
    • Philippe Coutinho
    • Jhon Durán
    • Bertrand Traoré
    • Ollie Watkins
    • Diego Carlos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/23 at 08:00

11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tyrone. Professional to a tee throughout some truly atrocious treatment that I'm convinced cost him his one chance at a World Cup. 

Has then been colossal under Emery, showing his true ability and had proven so many people wrong. 

Still under appreciated by even our own fans and underestimated by opposition fans.

Has had a great season on the pitch, and has been exemplary off of it.

My captain. 

Nailed it

• Like 1

I think he'll win Players Player instead but I went for Ashley Young

ultimate professional not just with his fitness levels , but even the way he handles the referees  and added with some great shit housery when required on opponents 

If we are going to the promised land , he might struggle for game time next season , but should be kept around the squad as he appears to be a great influence on them 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was Mings or Luiz for me but went with Mings and them 2 are leading the way

not sure how Emi has a few votes if honest, he hasnt been that great this season

Yeah before I voted I expected it was going to be between those two. I voted for Mings as feel the defence has been superb and he's had the adversity of Gerrard being against him to overcome too. 

Mings for me.  I'm another one who feels it will be between Mings and Luiz, but Mings is a story of triumph over adversity.  He went from being publicly embarrassed and frozen out by the previous manager to playing the best football of his career under the current one, yet he's remained humble and professional the entire time.  

• Like 1

Luiz gets my vote 

His is a similar tale of overcoming adversity to Mings.

He was dropped by Gerrard for no reason and then constantly overlooked. Played in a role he had no hope of fulfilling when he was played. 

Despite this he signed a new contract and when finally given the right role by Emery he's shone.

Manages to combine the hard work element and be the base for everything we do, with a touch of flair, and always provides a highlight in a game. Has improved immensely under Emery. We'd be significantly weaker defensively and offensively without him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tyrone. Professional to a tee throughout some truly atrocious treatment that I'm convinced cost him his one chance at a World Cup. 

Has then been colossal under Emery, showing his true ability and had proven so many people wrong. 

Still under appreciated by even our own fans and underestimated by opposition fans.

Has had a great season on the pitch, and has been exemplary off of it.

My captain. 

Exact same reason he got my vote and I've been pretty critical of him in the past

He's been the biggest improver under Unai, without doubt (Watkins a close 2nd - I'm quite shocked by how few votes he has too - and Dougie 3rd)

• Like 1

Luiz for me. Consistently great throughout this season and one that many fans have either under or not rated for some time. Kamara was getting all the plaudits but I think the penny dropped for some after he got injured and our midfield was still very good. 

Martinez, Watkins and Mings all were very important too. 

• Like 2

It was between 3, and I'm glad those 3 are the top 3 in the poll so far. It was between Mings' defensive output and consistency, Luiz's midfield martialling and general drive or Watkins' goals and forward play up front.  I went with Tyrone Mings in the end. I just feel the amount of work he has got through this season, the amount of blocks, interceptions, tackles, you name it, not to mention coming out from the back in possession and starting attacks. All of that I think puts him above the others. Ollie has had too many off days and missed too many chances if it's a competition between the 2, and Luiz has been brilliant this season but again, I just think Tyrone's output nicks it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

It was between 3, and I'm glad those 3 are the top 3 in the poll so far. It was between Mings' defensive output and consistency, Luiz's midfield martialling and general drive or Watkins' goals and forward play up front.  I went with Tyrone Mings in the end. I just feel the amount of work he has got through this season, the amount of blocks, interceptions, tackles, you name it, not to mention coming out from the back in possession and starting attacks. All of that I think puts him above the others. Ollie has had too many off days and missed too many chances if it's a competition between the 2, and Luiz has been brilliant this season but again, I just think Tyrone's output nicks it.

Agree with every word of that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think it shows that we have had a good season when there are so many candidates. Not quite like the Stephen Ireland year.

That year was first thing that jumped to my mind too 😂

Voted for Tyrone. I think along with Luiz and Martinez he's been the most consistent this season, Ollie has had brilliant purple patches but then has a dry/quiet run.

Moreno would have been in with a shout if he'd have been here since the start of the season.

Agree with all of the sentiment above but Luiz JUST shades it for me.  He's at the fulcrum of all our play from the back to front.  He dealt with being dropped by Gerrard as the consummate professional, didn't sulk or throw his toys out after the move to Arse didn't materialize, and after signing his new bumper contract he got even better.  We've barely missed Kamara in there with him and that is saying something because Kamara is a very good player.  

Mings would be a worthy winner for me also, not only because of what he has dealt with from Gerrard and Southgate, but he has also eliminated all of the things that made many question him.  He now holds the defensive line instead of dropping behind everyone, he engages opponents 1v1, and he's attacking the ball in blocking situations.  Proper leader and an excellent defender.

Martinez would be my third choice and also a worthy winner.  It says something about how well the other two have played when he is literally the world's best goalkeeper at the peak of his career, making game-winning saves week after week, and he's third choice for our POY..

Young is my fourth.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Moreno for me. Great signing for the price. Pace, skill, can defend. Celebrates every goal like a madman and super handsome which got on Sanson's nerves.

Will most likely be a contender next year but I do feel it’s too soon.

For me it has to be Ty

3 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Agree with all of the sentiment above but Luiz JUST shades it for me.  He's at the fulcrum of all our play from the back to front.  He dealt with being dropped by Gerrard as the consummate professional, didn't sulk or throw his toys out after the move to Arse didn't materialize, and after signing his new bumper contract he got even better.  We've barely missed Kamara in there with him and that is saying something because Kamara is a very good player.  

Mings would be a worthy winner for me also, not only because of what he has dealt with from Gerrard and Southgate, but he has also eliminated all of the things that made many question him.  He now holds the defensive line instead of dropping behind everyone, he engages opponents 1v1, and he's attacking the ball in blocking situations.  Proper leader and an excellent defender.

Martinez would be my third choice and also a worthy winner.  It says something about how well the other two have played when he is literally the world's best goalkeeper at the peak of his career, making game-winning saves week after week, and he's third choice for our POY..

Young is my fourth.  

Goes a bit further than my own comments but only because I was being lazy. Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Â