Ratings & Reactions: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/23 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Have to say today showed on the manager a bit. You can talk depleted squad all you like but when we had to change it up against a team willing to sit and hit on the break he didn't change it. Wolves upped the intensity at the start of the second half to stop us getting at them and he didn't again change it. Left players on who were obviously out of sorts and getting done. Our passion was far too slow on the counter allowing them to get back and flood the midfield and defence. We offered nothing in the final third and that's a concern. Collectively he and the players got it wrong.

I know it's hard to criticise considering the run but aim judging today on just that, today.

That was not on Emery...  We dominated the first half and still created plenty of opportunities in the 2nd after they parked the bus, but the players didn't show up and finish.  Way too much standing around and ball watching.  

• Like 1

Didn’t deserve to lose but that’s football. Another tin pot midlands club celebrating like they had won a final, after getting smashed 6-0 last week.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The first poor I've given Emery. I know he sees the players in training and will have a better idea who is best placed to come on when, but felt he left everything a bit too late with the changes. Duran should have been on earlier. We have nothing else so his options are pretty limited, so probably harsh, but felt he could have tried more.

That said, the loss was almost entirely on the ref. Either totally useless or totally corrupt. 3 minutes of injury time tells me it was corruption. 

They don't want us in Europe. Must be upsetting the powers that be by calling out state ownership. 

Same, first poor from me. Left subs far too late. Changed players but not the game plan. I understand it's not easy when your choice is bailey or Traore. Thank god for the summer. I doubt both will be here in the summer and we'll have a few who do know what their doing rather than believing they're prime Messi and Ronaldo.

Wolves were shit, and were there for the taking.

Instead we played even shitter, making them look like prime Barcelona.

• Confused 3

The better team for pretty much the whole match but lacked any sort of killer instinct in the final third

Obviously, we should have had a penalty but Attewell is a myopic, weak, snurge pifting cock socket

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

That was not on Emery...  We dominated the first half and still created plenty of opportunities in the 2nd after they parked the bus, but the players didn't show up and finish.  Way too much standing around and ball watching.  

Mings and Ollie missed sitters today. We hit those and we are winning comfortably. Nothing Unai can do about that.

• Like 2

Just now, Philosopher said:

McGinn and Buendia seem to be peoples favourites for MotM, but they were amongst the most culpable for the poor showing infront of goal. 

Buendias final ball was atrocious today and McGinn felt mostly anonymous.

• Like 1

Guest av1
Just now, AJ said:

Eh? That’s nonsense. We were by far the better team, just lacked a cutting edge. 

3 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Even if you take the handball moment out of it, the refereeing was still shocking. Almost every 1 on 1 in which a Wolves player went to ground was given, but barely ever the other way around.

Over double the amount of fouls were committed by Wolves.

• Like 1

Just now, Philosopher said:

McGinn and Buendia seem to be peoples favourites for MotM, but they were amongst the most culpable for the poor showing infront of goal. 

Buendia was the only one making anything happen. Not a great performance from him, but best of a bad bunch I thought.

The major issue as someone else said is that right wing slot. Bailey was dreadful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

We were the better team but we lacked the penetration

The distance between our best performances and our worst, is still too big a gap.....really good teams have dips in form too, but the gap is not so, stark, as ours.

too many players have dipped in form, and the momentum has been lost.

That did not look like an Emery team, today.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

What sitter did Ollie miss?

He didn't, had he been on the end of the Mings chance or a coupld of Buendia ones I think we're all celebrating to be honest...

Just now, Indigo said:

Over double the amount of fouls were committed by Wolves.

Yeah it seemed like a lot of big calls didn’t go our way but majority of the calls were definitely going against Wolves. Im assuming that’s why they were so riled up in the second half.

• Like 1

Â