The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

20 minutes ago, markc said:

Just a bit of fun 🙂🙂

Although when I saw it, I did wonder what the hardest sell to the player was. Getting him to agree to the video or to go to Burnley in the first place. 😂

I doubt he knew. They probably filmed the bit with him on camera and realised it was the most boring 30 seconds of footage ever created and needed to do something about it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

£25m for him would be surprisingly cheap.

Yeah. 26 y.o with 3 years left on his contract. £25m is "cheap". Not that it's a factor for PIF but still.

39 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

mahrez off to al Ahli for 30 mil, city will try to get in Olise or someone to replace now. is it al ahli who want diaby also?!

Raphinha.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Henderson off to Saudi aswell they have agreed a fee of 12mil

Just noticed at Al Ettifaq is right near the bridge into Bahrain About a 45 minute drive to the Four Seasons, or 50 mins to the Ritz Carlton in Manama where it can get quite lively.

Expect Henderson and Stevie Me to rock up there a fair bit.

• Haha 1

Liverpool getting rid of two CM who's legs have both clearly gone for a combined £52 mill. I mean be under no illusion nobody else offers close to that sum for Fabinho and Henderson. 

Overpaying for Fabinho by alot stinks of 'favourwashing' or 'you owe me support' for Saudi's future endeavours. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Mahrez off to Saudi 30mil fee

Mahrez was the perfect squad player for them. Would come in and score hat tricks in the cup and also have a 2-3 month spell in prem where he replicated his Leicester form.

Shows the cheat code they're on that in 12 months they could potentially let go of all of Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez and Kyle Walker and still probably comfortably win the prem next season.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Mahrez was the perfect squad player for them. Would come in and score hat tricks in the cup and also have a 2-3 month spell in prem where he replicated his Leicester form.

Shows the cheat code they're on that in 12 months they could potentially let go of all of Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez and Kyle Walker and still probably comfortably win the prem next season.

I’m quite impressed that Pep isn’t afraid to move anyone on but there is a tipping point where even replacing them with arguably better players won’t always work. 

Winning the champions league might take a bit of motivation out of some of the players as well, next season will be interesting.