The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wasn't injured for the June games, just didn't have match fitness (but surely you wouldn't expect this to stop Southgate picking him, since he's so addicted to picking him)

He was, he missed the last 7 league games for Chelsea.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Correct. 

Interesting. I'm convinced he would have picked him if he had evidence that he was fit.

I'm also convinced he'll be back in the next squad.

I think he would have been irrespective of being at Chelsea or United, although i do find the joke that he'll now get picked again quite amusing. 

19 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Shakhtar won’t be happy about this. They were threatening action against Spurs if they signed him for free for taking advantage of their plight. 

Am I wrong, or does this feel like a pretty underwhelming signing? I know he scored a few worldies from off the bench, but he remained largely out of the starting XI for Fulham and his 'performance' at VP is up (or down) there with the worst I've seen in recent years from an opposition player. I'm not saying he's terrible or anything but it doesn't scream 'next level' to me? Maybe he'll be a great fit for the new guy's system?

2 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Wolves sign goalkeeper Tim King on a free after he leaves Northampton. Seems like they are on a shoestring this year, is he any good?

His brother Jo is much better and always a laugh to be around.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

His brother Jo is much better and always a laugh to be around.

Nobody ever mentions the third brother, Wayne.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Wolves going to be a sinking ship - can’t see them replacing Nathan Collins with similar quality now he’s off to Brentford 

I'm a big fan of his but to be fair they did better when they replaced him with Dawson last season. Still a good prospect and will suit Brentford perfectly. He is on the level of a young Harry Maguire at the moment for me.

Burnley lining City's pockets with 15mill for there England U21 keeper James Trafford. 

City hoover up all the youth so they can sell them off for profit I mean not many make it into there team even the much rated Lavia didn't get much of a sniff there. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Wolves sign goalkeeper Tim King on a free after he leaves Northampton. Seems like they are on a shoestring this year, is he any good?

Cracking for Boldmere St Michael's 😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Burnley lining City's pockets with 15mill for there England U21 keeper James Trafford. 

City hoover up all the youth so they can sell them off for profit I mean not many make it into there team even the much rated Lavia didn't get much of a sniff there. 

He was never going to make it at City with that name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Absolutely bonkers this is - £15m on someone who's spent 2 seasons playing in League One. No idea how City get these kind of fees for players - £27m for this guy and Bazunu is bordering on criminal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

City have done it well and get some incredible fees for their youth players, but we are all trying to do it. Look at how many young players Chelsea have signed recently. Look at the players we keep taking  off Albion and now going for Scottish/Irish