Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I like Andy a lot but his brain drifts sometimes.

Yeah I've always liked him but that half he's been Mr Chelsea half the time and on another planet the other half!

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

Never paid much attention to Chilwell before but what a tit he is. Whinge, whinge, whinge. 

I just wish JJ would get his head up a bit more when he makes these runs. He's had 3 or 4 and at least twice he could of played someone in but left it too late. Add a final product to them and they'd be lethal. 

We look a bit rusty here and there, so good to go in 1 up. 

Grealishs mate so not unexpected 😉

I think we’ve been poor first half but took advantage of their mistake.  

They are poor at the back, look like they can make many chances but struggle to score.  

Hopefully we play better second half and keep them out while getting a second.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Ref is waiting to even it up and also give them an advantage by sending one of ours off. If we cut out the sloppiness we’ll have 3 . Cucurella is shit. £60 million junk.

He literally disallowed a legit goal for a very very very soft ...dive.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was worried about them attacking on their left with Chilwell, Mudryk and Cucurella, and I still am a bit - but Drake has been really dangerous for them on the right hand side - we need to do a better job out there.

We're really compact and narrow, so we concede space wide but they've had overloads on both sides. McGinn and JJ need to be alive to when they have to help out

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure how we’re winning. They’ve peppered us. That said, we probably should have scored one or two more. Odd game. Don’t think we’ll win if we play like that second half. 

Mings has a mistake in him today I feel. One that will get punished. 

Ollie missed a better chance than any they've had and our chance thumped the post with much more intent than their s. 

If we're going on the what ifs we should be 3 nil up. 

• Like 4

We’re incredibly lucky to be winning at half time. Hopefully Unai can calm them down at ht. We are so open on the flanks. We need to get on the ball in the middle of the park. Luis and Boubs getting dominated at the moment.

Still, we are winning and it was a lovely finish by Ollie. Hopefully we can sneak another and take some of the sting out of the game.

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

It was all Chelsea apart form John Mcginn hitting the post 

glad they membered that 

What do we have to do to get the credit 

Well at the start when Hendrie thought it was strange Bailey wasn’t in the line up, I gave up on him being any use to us on analysis