Pedro Gonçalves

Delphinho123

yeah, it seems like there is a lot of smoke from Portuguese sources, and that is generally how we get wind of non-english transfers these days. Would be quite an interesting signing as well. Can't claim to have focused a ton on him but there seems to be hype with his game.

Looks pretty versatile. Mainly played RW & LW in the last two seasons
Played as...      
Central Midfield 62 20 11
Right Winger 53 33 10
Left Winger 43 14 17
Attacking Midfield 20 2 3
Defensive Midfield 9 1 -
Second Striker 3 1

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pedro-goncalves/nationalmannschaft/spieler/426620/verein_id/3300

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not watched much of him.  Anybody watched him a lot (not just an handful of games) and know if he’s worth it? Is he consistent? Can he step up to PL and be good for us?

I can’t say I’ve watched him several times or anything like that, but from what I have watched of him he is technically sound, he dribbles well, he can play either side, he takes penalties, has an eye for goal and would suit Unai Emery’s system very well.

I can see him having the pick of clubs come the summer, I’d be massively surprised if we were able to get his signature.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I imagine if we did want him he would cost the full €80m. Portuguese clubs are well able to get full price for their players

Pahlinha had a £50m release clause and he went for £20m when he left Sporting.

Edit: But generally yeah, Portuguese clubs seem good at getting money for their players.

Edited by sne

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Don't think the fee will be the issue. It will be the other clubs that want him. 

Also my thoughts.

Let's hope we've got an inside track on this similarly to we did on the likes of Kamara.

Plus the attraction of the " project ".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I imagine if we did want him he would cost the full €80m. Portuguese clubs are well able to get full price for their players

Of the 3 I think Sporting are in a weaker financial situation

Â