Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Now I'm going to say it. Buendia is not at the races today. I'd consider taking him off.

You can guarantee he's going to score a worldy in the second half now.

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Now I'm going to say it. Buendia is not at the races today. I'd consider taking him off.

I don't think that's it.

He's played some wonderful stuff - but needs space. When he's under pressure as he receives the ball, he seems to turn it over immediately.

• Like 1

Just now, OhioVilla said:

Feels like there are long stretches of time where he simply doesn't have any composure.

You could hear Unai yelling at him to wake up and get forward. He just seems to switch off far too often. He's linked up well with Ollie, but in the middle of the pitch not so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I wish as a club we'd stop being so placid and accepting of VAR decisions and start absolutely **** roasting the refs after the game, seems to pay off when other clubs do it.

Agreed it’s one of the reasons why Arsenal get decisions their way now. (Outside of them being a top 6 side ofc)

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Dominated the game but in typical Villa fashion haven't taken full advantage. 

we're still 1 up and got robbed of a clear pen. I'd say we're kinda taking advantage. can't help it when VAR is shite though.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

That's the problem with the rule! They've written it in a way that creates a grey area which then gives them the ability to do what they want

I agree 100% that the current rule is a mess!

You have to give Stephens some credit. He just forgot he was playing football and not charging down a kick for England rugby! 

When you compare that one to the pen given against Digne earlier in the season you realise why the **** in charge of VAR don’t have a clue! 

Just now, ozvillafan said:

I don't think that's it.

He's played some wonderful stuff - but needs space. When he's under pressure as he receives the ball, he seems to turn it over immediately.

He's a very talent footballer but appears to possess no strength or spatial awareness whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He has looked twice the player coming on as a sub than when he starts for quite a long time now.

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Mings absolutely magnificent that half. Cash has also be top drawer.

Ollie's hold up play and 1st touch has been top quality. 

Agreed. Cash has been at his best on the defensive end today. He hasn't been as good this season as last, but the last 3-4 matches he's started showing signs of getting back to where he was. Maybe a little competition from Young was a good thing for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Could have easily had an assist though. I actually think he's been pretty good when facing their goal, but he's been poor at holding the ball up. 

Agree I think hes been pretty good.