Italy v England/England v Ukraine

andykeenan

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Genuinely cant believe Sh*tgate has picked a player who is subject to literally hundreds of betting offences.

Walker getting a call up is even worse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

There are lots to hate Southgate about, and the betting thing with Toney is strange. But you’ve admitted yourself, that Toney has more 3 more goals even outside of penalties (which I’m not sure why you’d remove those as you still have to score them, plus did you remove Watkins penalty?)

I did remove Watkins penalty (if you read my post it says that.)

3 more goals after Ollie played a large part of the season with a clueless manager (also stated in my OP.) Whereas Toney has been set up with Thomas Frank in a system he knows and is well drilled for multiple seasons.

I would put money on Watkins scoring more goals next season than Toney. Working with a decent coach has already done wonders for his numbers.

30 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Rashford seems to get a knock when pointless friendlys are on but hell be fine for the first United game 100%.

Sure this happened before. 

RyanGiggsItis

What must be going through the minds of all those fringe but in form players right now? Or may be they are just grateful as being call up by England now a days (see Rashford) is a bit of waste of time.

I used to have a slight respect for GS in the past for just building a positive image of the team even though many times I would disagree with his biased selection. But this time, with he inclusion of Flasher and Gambit, that near empty tank of respect for GS is just no longer there. 

• Like 1

I couldn't care less about the English National set up anymore but I won't miss the opportunity to slate one of the reasons why I've disconnected.

I think all Southgate has done with England is make it more clique than it's ever been imo. After having smoke blown up his arse by his protection squad it's allowed him to act completely disrespectfully towards the very thing that got him that job, youth. Instead going a full 180 and continually filling the squad with older more undeserving players that are either out of form or not getting minutes at club level. He's basically closed shop on the youth or in form players to break into the set up while he's there with a big "F*** you!" to anyone outside his little gang. 

He's a condescending prick considering the level of managerial bracket I'd put him in, and the current antichrist of English International football. Rant over. 

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 14:55, villa4europe said:

Think for me the problem is he's again picking players post tournament that he had no interest in using during said torunament

Gallagher didn't get a sniff in Qatar why call him up now? Same with Maddison, I'm sure guehi too

Henderson won't make a tournament in 2 years time

Got a degree of sympathy for him because of the youth tournaments this summer but it's still so uninspiring

I think Maddison may have got a sniff if he had have been fit to play

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

The thing that baffles me is why England hasn't produced a world class keeper since Banks. There's no obvious reason for it!? We've had world class players in every other position at one point or another in recent memory.

Shilton was close but let England down at vital times. 

Â