Italy v England/England v Ukraine

andykeenan

And we thought VAR and refs were shocking in England. You can see him trying to head the ball and using his arm to get leverage, his arm coming down not going towards the ball. Awful decision in all honesty.

• Like 1

I think the argument is that if his arm isn't there, kane chests that and shoots, therefore it's taking away a potential shot at goal.

It's a shit one to give, but that's the rules... I think..

Then jack's miss 60 seconds later 😂

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

And we thought VAR and refs were shocking in England. You can see him trying to head the ball and using his arm to get leverage, his arm coming down not going towards the ball. Awful decision in all honesty.

Yeah, after all the replays I could see zero evidence of any contact with the ball.  How can you give it when there is no clear contact to be seen? 

Penalty...wasn't it because his arm was away from his body, the ball hit it, and stopped a striker from having a chance at goal?

I.e. accidental but it's irrelevant?

I have seen harsher penalties given and more blatant ones not given, but then that is the way of the VAR world.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gerrard talking about maybe it's time for Harry Kane to move on, what on earth has that got to do with England's first- half performance?

Has he suggested Liverpool as a destination

• Like 1

Â