Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Just now, It's Your Round said:

The commentary team on my channel sound like a pair of West Ham fans, not sure who the co-comm is but he’s willing them into space constantly and gives no credit to anything Villa do. The landan word removed bias is real. 

Its dire, isn't it. Doing my loaf in. 

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

Reverse the players and we'd be saying it's a stonewall peno...  Is it soft?  Absolutely, but I've seen worse ones given this season.  

I don’t think I would, it was a dive.  Would I have accepted? Of course but I still would’ve said we were lucky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

we seem to be very short on physicalty ( without fouling) at set pieces.

I'm not sure it's us being particularly weak - Moyes whole career is based on having lots of big players and doing well from set pieces, that's what he does.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Digne would be mince-meat by now.

Bowen is just a good player. Moreno might be beaten once or twice but he's doing well enough I think.

for the cross , yes

both are lightweight.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

The commentary team on my channel sound like a pair of West Ham fans, not sure who the co-comm is but he’s willing them into space constantly and gives no credit to anything Villa do. The landan word removed bias is real. 

My Favourte: "Villa playing a dangerous game giving West Ham all the ball early". We had 65% possession as early as the 15th minute

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

United fans booed the ref off. 🤣

I guess Fergie stopped paying off the refs this season.  Just watched the highlights on that...  Horrific tackle...  

1 minute ago, TRO said:

we seem to be very short on physicalty ( without fouling) at set pieces.

a problem we must fix in the summer, its been one of our key achilles heels for quite a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't put your hands on and claw at a player running away from goal. Simple.

Absolutely idiotic.

In recent Villa games, both referees and pundits have opined that a shove in the back is okay, as long as it isn't too violent - I guess it is a case of who, when and where!

As we all know, no stranger to the game could work out the rules by decisions made.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure it's us being particularly weak - Moyes whole career is based on having lots of big players and aiding well from set pieces, that's what he does.

one or two, would be nice....instead of always relying on Mings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

As paquera tries to lift his left leg, its hits Bailey's right leg. It's soft buts it's a pen and it's stupid by Bailey. He shouldn't be all over the back of a player in the penalty area that is running away from goal

You say "all over the back of", the ball has been semi-cleared in that direction and he's turning directly into Paqueta.  He places his hand on the guy's shoulder for, what, 1 second?  Then he just dives.

He COULD be incredibly stand off, but you wouldn't want that sort of defending in that situation.  He needs to be tight so he doesn't get easily turned.

There's plenty Bailey can be knocked for, but he really hasn't done anything wrong here.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh - and this one before a ball was kicked: "Villa edging slowly towards 40 points and safety"

Yeah.. do one.

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

But Bailey shouldn't have given him the opportunity to dive. 

Everyone knows an attacker will crumble like a pack of cards with the slightest contact. 

Bailey knows full well he's been dumb by putting his hands in the air afterwards. 

Yes it's a dive and yes it should have been overturned bjt any contact and they're generally given and once given never overturned. 

Yes the indignant flapping about it on here is a bit much, as if we don't know what modern footballers are like, including our own.

If that happens at our end and Ollie or Bailey flops like that, we say "okay he's gone down very easy but there's contact and you can't do that, it's stupid from <opposition player>". 

Get over it, it's not even in the top 20 worst decisions I've seen this season, it's pretty much par for the course, you cannot snatch at a player's shoulders in your own penalty box.