Artificial Intelligence

maqroll

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Did my lads homework on Bing GPT AI. Short notice, had to write a story, just typed in a subject and it came up with a short story, perfect.

Kids these days don't even do their own cheating? :D 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Did my lads homework on Bing GPT AI. Short notice, had to write a story, just typed in a subject and it came up with a short story, perfect.

Proud of yourself? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Problem is, half the class will have the same story! 

• Haha 1

I open up CV's every day - about two thirds of them now have an AI written cover letter - they're all almost entirely the same.

Around a quarter of the AI written cover letters still include the bit that says [put your name here] or the bit at the top that says "Here's a short covering letter for the role of..."

It's quite disheartening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I open up CV's every day - about two thirds of them now have an AI written cover letter - they're all almost entirely the same.

Around a quarter of the AI written cover letters still include the bit that says [put your name here] or the bit at the top that says "Here's a short covering letter for the role of..."

What are the giveaways would you say?

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Problem is, half the class will have the same story! 

Shame really. Kid's are given homework for a reason and getting AI to do it for them only hinders thier learning and growth (unless the homework is use AI).

Aren't their anti-plagiarism checks in place now for using AI too (or is that just at Universities)?

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Helps immediately identify the lazy **** though doesn't it

Edited by fightoffyour

40 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Shame really. Kid's are given homework for a reason and getting AI to do it for them only hinders thier learning and growth (unless the homework is use AI).

Aren't their anti-plagiarism checks in place now for using AI too (or is that just at Universities)?

Too much AI when you were younger? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Thought of that. 90% of students use Google AI. I used Bing, came up with a different story.

Do you feel that you're aiding or hindering your child's learning and development? 

• Like 1

We've recently been conducting a round of interviews where I work. We're completely remote working and most of the initial conversations are done via online chat (Slack). 

I'd say 80% of the applicants we had used AI to answer the questions. All those applicants went straight in the bin. Not sure why people still use it for jobs and stuff cos it's so obvious. Though, can only assume some companies must just not care? 

• 5 weeks later...
Â