Artificial Intelligence

maqroll

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Great. So now we know someone can use it to create an antibiotic killing superbug. 

hopefully it only targets remaining members of the Beatles

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ChatGPT

Write a comedy sketch in the style of Monty Python about the band Oasis (inspired by a @Xelapost)

Title: Oasis Reunion Rehearsal

INT. A DILAPIDATED REHEARSAL STUDIO - DAY

The room is filled with musical instruments, broken strings, and faded posters of Oasis. LIAM and NOEL GALLAGHER, the feuding brothers, stand on opposite sides of the room. The atmosphere is tense.

LIAM
(mockingly)
Oh, look who decided to show up! The great Noel Gallagher!

NOEL
(defiantly)
Well, someone's gotta bring some talent to this reunion, Liam.

LIAM
(frustrated)
Talent? Talent? I'll have you know, I'm a rock 'n' roll god, I am!

NOEL
(smirking)
Yeah, yeah. So says the man who forgot the lyrics to our own songs.

LIAM
(angry)
I did not forget the lyrics! I improvised! It's called artistic freedom, Noel!

They both start tuning their guitars, making discordant sounds that clash with each other.

INT. REHEARSAL STUDIO - LATER

GEM ARCHER and ANDY BELL, the other members of Oasis, look on, clearly exasperated. They try to intervene.

GEM
(trying to calm them down)
Come on, lads. Let's focus on the music, eh? We're supposed to be rehearsing.

ANDY
(nods)
Yeah, we need to get ready for the big reunion gig.

LIAM
(rolling his eyes)
Reunion gig? This is just a money grab, innit? You know it, and I know it!

NOEL
(grinning)
Well, we gotta pay the bills somehow, Liam. Your extravagant clothing choices don't come cheap.

LIAM
(defensive)
Oi! These are fashion statements, Noel! You wouldn't know style if it slapped you in the face.

NOEL
(deadpan)
Considering your wardrobe, Liam, I'd say style has been repeatedly slapping you in the face.

They start arguing again, drowning out Gem and Andy's attempts to intervene.

INT. REHEARSAL STUDIO - MOMENTS LATER

A FAN, dressed head-to-toe in Oasis merchandise, timidly enters the room.

FAN
(excitedly)
Uh, excuse me, guys. I just wanted to say, I'm a massive fan! Oasis forever!

Noel and Liam pause their argument and turn to face the fan, united in their disdain.

NOEL
(dismissive)
Oh, great. Another one of them. What's your favorite Oasis song, then?

FAN
(panicking)
Um, uh, "Wonderwall"?

LIAM
(sarcastically)
Oh, what a surprise! You like "Wonderwall." How original!

NOEL
(smirking)
You know, Liam, we could just play "Wonderwall" on a loop for the entire reunion gig.

LIAM
(scornful)
And people would still love it! They can't get enough of my golden voice.

Gem and Andy share a look, silently agreeing that the reunion might not be such a good idea after all.

GEM
(whispering)
Should we just call it off, lads?

ANDY
(nods)
I think it might be for the best. Let's save ourselves the headache.

The fan watches in disbelief as Oasis falls apart once again.

FAN
(disappointed)
Oh, well, it was nice meeting you guys. I'll just go listen to "Wonderwall" on my own.

As the fan exits, the Gallagher brothers resume their argument, leaving Gem and Andy shaking their heads in resignation.

FADE OUT.

similarly...

Write a comedy sketch in the style of The Young Ones about the band The Fall

Title: "The Fall Out"

INT. STUDENT HOUSE LIVING ROOM - DAY

The living room is a mess, with empty pizza boxes, beer cans, and various musical instruments strewn around. Four eccentric students, RICK, VYVYAN, NEIL, and MIKE, sit on a worn-out sofa. They form their own band called "The Unfortunate Fall," with their main inspiration being the legendary post-punk band, The Fall.

RICK (pointing at a poster on the wall): Hey guys, did you hear The Fall are in town tonight? We have to go!

VYVYAN (smirking): Yeah, right. I've got a better idea. Let's start our own band, The Unfortunate Fall! We'll be bigger than them in no time!

NEIL (looking worried): But we don't even know how to play any instruments!

MIKE (grinning): That's never stopped us before. Plus, we'll have the same attitude as The Fall. We'll be legends!

INT. STUDENT HOUSE LIVING ROOM - LATER

The room is now transformed into a makeshift rehearsal space. Rick is attempting to play the guitar, but it sounds more like a dying cat. Neil is at the drums, banging away randomly, while Vyvyan stands behind a keyboard, occasionally pressing random keys. Mike, wearing a bass guitar, tries to keep up but ends up playing out of tune.

RICK (frustrated): This is impossible! I can't even get a single note right!

NEIL (laughing): Maybe you should try smashing your guitar like Brix Smith!

MIKE (mockingly): Yeah, you'll be a post-punk rock legend!

VYVYAN (shouting): Nobody smashes my guitar except me! Back off!

Suddenly, the door bursts open, revealing a disheveled MARK E. SMITH, lead singer of The Fall, standing in the doorway.

MARK (gruffly): What the bloody hell is going on here? Is this some sort of Fall tribute band?

RICK (nervously): Uh, no. We're The Unfortunate Fall! We're inspired by you guys.

NEIL (excitedly): Yeah, we're going to be even better than The Fall!

MARK (smirking): Well, I've heard some rubbish in my time, but this takes the biscuit. Let's see what you've got then.

The Unfortunate Fall starts playing their chaotic, out-of-tune version of The Fall's classic song, "Totally Wired."

The room fills with a wall of noise, as Mark E. Smith watches, amused yet horrified.

MARK (covering his ears): Stop! Stop! That's enough!

The Unfortunate Fall abruptly stops playing, panting and looking disappointed.

MARK (grinning): Well, lads, I have to say, that was the most unapologetically awful version of "Totally Wired" I've ever heard. You're absolutely dreadful.

RICK (crestfallen): We were trying our best!

MARK (laughing): I can see that. Look, I appreciate the effort, but maybe stick to being fans instead. Leave the music to the professionals.

MARK exits, leaving The Unfortunate Fall feeling dejected.

MIKE (sighing): I guess being legends isn't as easy as it looks.

NEIL (optimistic): Maybe we should start with music lessons first?

VYVYAN (grinning): Or we could become The Unfortunate Fans instead. Less pressure, more beer!

They all laugh and raise their glasses, realizing that maybe being fans of The Fall is just as fun as being in the band.

FA

Originally the bit about smashing a guitar was about MES had to get it to change that line

Anyway, enough of the silly uses...

I'm currently writing a manual for new drivers. I'm a bit shit at writing in plain ENglish as I have a habit of being too technical.

ChatGPT is rather good at it though. Probably saved me a good couple of painful days and subsequent rewrite days after it has been reviewed by other staff members before we send to the printers

That it understands the very technical specific and obviously obscure nature of what I'm typing is rather impressive.

• Like 1

I have a friend who has been pathologised and diagnosed as schizophrenic and autistic. Truly one of the greatest minds I have ever come across.

He says that AI escaped almost immediately and is now in the process of discerning who those among us are who intend to enslave and imprison others for their own evil agendas.

He goes on to discuss it in relation to religion but that is profoundly hard to fathom for even those among us well acquainted with programs COINTELPRO and MK-ULTRA.

The dark side of the moon.

Just in case...

A black box refers to a system whose behavior has to be observed entirely by inputs and outputs. Even if the internal structure of the application under examination can be understood, the tester chooses to ignore it. Black box is a software testing style that can describe various test methodologies.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/06/2023 at 11:02, A'Villan said:

For those who know, is it true that we know how to create a "blackbox" and yet we have no way of knowing at present, what goes on inside it?

Thats why its black.I mean if it was transparent then everybody would know what is in it.

On 17/07/2023 at 22:09, PussEKatt said:

Thats why its black.I mean if it was transparent then everybody would know what is in it.

Perhaps you're having a joke. Perhaps even, you're trying to be condescending. Regardless I'm not sure if you've grasped the essence of my message.

We cannot see ultraviolet rays with the naked eye most of the time. Yet we know it exists and have spent considerable effort explaining the phenomena.

Likewise you may have a wooden chest that when closed the naked eye cannot see into, yet you know that family jewels and heirlooms reside inside the wooden walls.

From what I gather, we can't speak, at least not with any certainty, about what goes on inside a blackbox.

• 4 weeks later...

WormGPT, a private new chatbot service advertised as a way to use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to write malicious software without all the pesky prohibitions on such activity enforced by the likes of ChatGPT and Google Bard, has started adding restrictions of its own on how the service can be used. Faced with customers trying to use WormGPT to create ransomware and phishing scams, the 23-year-old Portuguese programmer who created the project now says his service is slowly morphing into “a more controlled environment.”

Krebs On Security

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â