Pre-match thread

wedge

Despite today's game, I feel we could get something out of this one if we don't gift them silly goals like we have done against Leicester and Sportswash FC and don't cack ourselves from the start to then decide to turn up once the game is beyond us.

Surely some of Cash, McGinn, Coutinho, Moreno and Duran will come into the starting XI!?

Need Mings back. 100% McGinn will start aswell. Moreno surely will aswell.

Arsenal have been flat last few games and who knows how they'll react if Man. City turn them over on Weds evening.

I'll go 1-1 given UE will be very motivated aswell and managed many of them directly.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

At least there is a small chance we may get something from this game. Unfortunately it would help Cheaters FC if we did but we need to think of ourselves.

3 defeats on the spin will make the Everton game even tougher so a hard earned point here would be most welcome.

Bailey must not start, Mings needed to replace Chambers and McGinn for Ramsey. Maybe even Coutinho starting for Emi to change things up.

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Moreno

Kamara Luiz

Watkins McGinn Coutinho

Duran

Emery seems obsessed with 4-4-2 but I think he needs to be less stubborn with this, 4-2-3-1 will work better against sides like City and Arsenal. Play Watkins out wide.

Maybe Bailey, Buendia and Ramsey might actually do something useful coming off the bench, as right now they are stinking out the first 11 most weeks. 

• Like 2

Martinez

Young Konsa Mings (hopefully) Moreno

Luiz Kamara

Coutinho   Buendia

Duran Watkins

is what I'd go with. Now, I'm not opposed to Ramsey or McGinn in over Coutinho but he had the best appearance earlier of the three. 

I think the game on Wednesday could have a big effect on this one. If Arsenal put everything into it, we might be able to catch them in a sort of 'after the Lord Mayor's parade' lull.

I think this year's Arsenal are better than City. I think this will be very tough.

• Like 2

Martinez

Young     Konsa     Mings       Moreno

McGinn  Ramsey  Kamara   Luiz   Coutinho

Watkins    

I know we don't play the above formation but I think it might make us a bit more solid (on paper) whilst still having an attacking threat.

The above is based more "out of possession" and can easily morph into a 4-2-3-1 when breaking forward.

We have conceded 7 in 2 so unless we improve defensively we are always going to be up against it.

If Mings is injured I would play Kamara at CD and bring in Buendia.

Need at least 7/8 out of 10's from everyone to get anything from this but I will go 2-1 Villa (Watkins, Coutinho) late goal from them but us to hold on. UTV.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the game on Wednesday could have a big effect on this one. If Arsenal put everything into it, we might be able to catch them in a sort of 'after the Lord Mayor's parade' lull.

I think this year's Arsenal are better than City. I think this will be very tough.

Wasn't that supposed to happen last year. Just checked the days before we played them and they had Liverpool at home on the Wednesday evening and lost 2-0 (while we had a free midweek). Was an early kick off on the Saturday and we barely did anything until a late rally with 15 minutes left when we had a few shots.

I think they'll make a few chances for us depending on the result. Martinelli's lost a bit of spark so can see Trossard starting and Jorginho aswell.

• Like 1

So another biased Referee assisted team incoming. We would have to play so incredibly well to overcome that and Arsenal that sadly I only see another defeat. 

Lets face it these "Scummy 6" clubs get helped so much by the corrupt FA officials, that effectively the impact on their performance is like this....

A poor performance = Average

Average = Good

Good = Very Good

Very good = Excellent

Excellent = Totally unbeatable

Unless they are playing another scummy 6 team of course when normal form applies.

Nketiah is in red hot form and was a pest against us last year at VP when he played iirc, i hope there isnt blatant and obvious incidents of Arsenal fans sitting in the home end around the ground, last time the one next to me wasnt even trying to hide it in north stand upper. Not expecting to get anything from this, Odegaard is exactly the type of midfielder who can undo us and i fear he might be able to play their striker in behind us like Leicester were able to do.

Never say never, but I am looking ahead to the games after this one - Everton, Palace, West Ham, Bournemouth, Chelsea and Forest. We really should be looking to win the majority of those games imo, The everton game under Dyche is obviously going to be a lot harder than under lampard but i still back us at home, Palace are having a subpar season and ditto Hammers and Bournemouth and Chelsea. Forest is a strange one but its a game we need to win in order to finish higher up the table and get better players interested in a move here in the summer.

I'm going 3-1 defeat for this game, same as i predicted for Man City

9 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Surprised about the positivity here. This seems like another dreadfully timed moment. We are the gift that keeps on giving to opposition with something to prove / an individual with something to achieve.

Surprised about the positivity here, or disappointed by it ? It’s much more fun to be negative and moan about how shit we are and willing to give points away to others.

20 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Surprised about the positivity here. This seems like another dreadfully timed moment. We are the gift that keeps on giving to opposition with something to prove / an individual with something to achieve.

Leicester was the fork in the road and we went the wrong turning for the rest of the season.

Edited by The Fun Factory