• McGinn (Buendía 60)
    • Moreno (Bailey 61)
    • Durán (Digne 61)
    • Coutinho (Young 76)
    • Cash (Ramsey 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/23 at 23:59

Awful first half but much better second half. But that's seems to be a recurring theme under Emery ever since the Liverpool game.

If we want to get something off Arsenal we need to be absolutely at it for a whole 90 minutes. I don't want to see three defeats in a row and Arsenal are currently wobbling plus play City less than three days beforehand.

Any players we buy from this moment on have to have the mentality of Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna rolled into one.

That first half was weak , pathetic and fearful. Second half better and Duran has to play more games going forward. There was a couple of opportunities that Bailey had in the first half that I thought Duran could have done something there. Excellent goal by Ollie too. 

It was men against boys in the first-half and I feared for Villa....however made it a bit of a game second-half and we won it 1-0.

Thing is the cheating b******s are miles ahead of us due to spending over a billion pounds, hence we shouldn't be too down.

That first-half team needs changing...

Digne, Bailey out...

Moreno, Duràn in...

• Like 3

Sadly a fairly predictable result. We turned up when they had switched off. 

Start Moreno and Duran next game, and let's fervently hope Mings is back. 

See if we can scrape through the arsenal game and then get back on it. 

• Like 1

Thought we were going to get pumped after the first half apathetic shambles. Much better 2nd half albeit dull. Bright points being Duran and the other subs, we don't seem to be shifting from 11th. Likely our position at the end of the season.

I was dreading it ending up 6 or 7, in the end I think we gave them a tiny scare.  Jack will get pelters but I think it was a pen.  We really miss Mings' presence, Konsa just doesn't have it though he made a great block at the end.  Duran looks a player, something I never really felt with Wes.  Digne must be close to the scrapheap.

JJ been disappointing bar two or three games this season if we’re being honest. Digne has been woeful all season, much prefer Moreno already. Bailey has scored some nice goals but is really showing himself to be too wasteful and too weak in this league. Buendia has one good game every 4 weeks. Whatever the rest of this season brings, I have total confidence Emery has a vision and knows exactly the parts he needs to make it work.

• Like 3

After watching us role over for the first 45 mins rendering any potential comeback futile, my conclusion is Grealish is still a w******! 

I hope NSWE are ready to spend big this summer because we need serious upgrades, not stopgaps. 

• Like 3

Â