Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Felix and Cancelo joining Barca and Abde going to Betis. I wonder if Barca needs to shed anymore players? 

Would think they’d need to shift Ferran if they’re actually signing Felix…

Saw something earlier, that they would be unable to sign Cancelo… guess that issue has been resolved…

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are there any top players we were linked with earlier in the window, who haven't gone anywhere yet? ( Aside from Williams, Felix etc )

There was probably a few names on a list I dare say JV and is/was attempts to make another big signing? It would certainly appear so.

I suppose many factors though why any deal for any high calibre player won't always be easy, including; Does the said player fancy us? Does the team of that player need to sell him?.

If something can be done then I'm sure Monchi & Unai will act on it, but I highly doubt the money will be pissed up the wall on anyone else for the sake of it if we can't get the ones we want.

19 minutes ago, Spoony said:

By all accounts Gnonto seems to be an absolutely penis and Leeds fans are desperate for him to go. Not sure I want that character at Villa after what we have managed to build 

Is he a penis because he wants to leave by any chance?

• Like 1

Seems absolutley mad to go two windows now without signing an experienced support for Watkins. We have Duran who has potential etc but if Watkins is out for season I'd expect us to drop several places in the league as a result. 

Been an interesting window, for sure added some quality. But still feel we are light if we are to go a long way in certain competitions. 

• Like 1

Just now, villaglint said:

Seems absolutley mad to go two windows now without signing an experienced support for Watkins.

Understand the sentiment but I guess that's where Zaniolo comes in. Decent backup strikers are hard to come by, decent strikers are hard to come by too. 

Leeds fans were pretty much worshipping Gnonto last season and having meltdowns when he wasn't being selected at the end of the season, they turn on pretty much every player that leaves them or looks like leaving them, it's part of their identity, in a 'your with us against us' kind of mentality, they were exactly the same with Tyler Adams as well, can gurantee that if Gnonto ends up staying they will go back to loving him again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Seems absolutley mad to go two windows now without signing an experienced support for Watkins. We have Duran who has potential etc but if Watkins is out for season I'd expect us to drop several places in the league as a result. 

Been an interesting window, for sure added some quality. But still feel we are light if we are to go a long way in certain competitions. 

We had that player and Unai decided to move him on. 

Trust the club. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

One more attacking player would have been nice 

Looks like the big warchest was all made up bullshit

Always is. Net spend of about £80 mill over the last 4 transfer windows if all the expected outgoings happen. But thats the reality of earning over £100 mill less per season than those we are competing against.  Diaby , Tielemans amd Torres are top class players that we did well to get in . Zaniolo is a calculated risk to get a potential 75 mill player for 25 mill because of injuries. This is how we will have to be going forward. 

• Like 3