Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery saying he's not expecting any surprises doesn't really mean anything, if we sign another player it's hardly going to be a surprise to him

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Emery just playing the game like the boss he is - he's really just letting our sexy expensive target know that we don't need him, it's mind games - I'm gonna refresh this till 11pm. 

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

d180dc29-57a8-45a9-aca6-e3740e9d5b84_tex

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I guess if anyone wanted to take a crumb of hope from Unai’s answer, it’s that he hasn’t flatly said no.

However, realistically I can’t imagine there’s any more than a 0.0001% chance of us signing anyone else.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably not what people want to hear, BUT... It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Kellyman add some real value this season. Especially in Europe and Cups.

Save us some money as well?

Duran has also appeared to have been written off as some young pup by some. I think he’s going to announce himself this season. 

• Like 1

A small part of me thinks that Coutinho and Philogene not being announced yet means that we're trying to close on a replacement before letting them go. Slim chance with only a few hours left though.

It's been a great window, but at the start of it I fully expected us to get a new GK and RB in. Then I thought we'd bring in cover when Buendia got injured. Hopefully Olsen continues to step up, Konsa acclimatises to RB and we fill the gap Buendia leaves though. Emery doesn't strike me as someone who panic buys or brings in players for the sake of it. 

An excellent window. Obviously the losses of Buendia and Mings haven't helped, but we've got depth in to cover for Mings and once JJ is back, we have plenty of different options up front to mix things up now. With a glass half full, let's assume Olsen continues to improve with some match practice and Bailey starts to fulfill his potential. Konsa already looking at home in the RB hybrid position. I think we're pretty well set + the bonus of a couple of youngsters to come through and get gametime in the easier draws.

13 minutes ago, bose said:

We just have to wait for Julian Alvarez to be completed. Any minute now...

To be fair, the man's won everything with City already. 

A move here to team up with Emi, win the Europa Conference this season, win the Europa League next season, and he'll have completed football 🤣

• Haha 2

I know people like a last minute signing - but we don't do that now. In my view, this is because we are now a well run club. This should make us happy.

I agree with those saying it's been a great window.
But the outgoings (hopefully with another 3 being announced today) are as impressive as the incomings. I have no idea whether FFP was becoming an issue - but it can't be now!

We've had 2 serious injuries - and brought in Zaniolo and Lenglet to cover on loan. 
We're all seemingly worried about about the reserve GK; he's played 2 and half games this season and conceded once. Maybe he's improved too. (I know the opposition).
With RB - I think he wants to play a CB there often - we have those in Chambers and Konsa.
And the striker - I think Duran is ready. It's a big drop off, but he has to play to improve, and who could we realistically get?

Edited by Pez1974
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw Romano say that players actually message him to ask him to post on their behalf about wanting to leave clubs and go to other clubs etc. lol

With Lineker and Micah Richards.

I'd already assumed that's why Joao Felix was his pinned post for days and days.

We should be alright until January. I doubt we'll be bounced out of ECL before then, even if we lose a couple more players to injury. If we can hang on in both domestic cups and the league, we can reinforce in January to push on for the quadruple.

😃

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw Romano say that players actually message him to ask him to post on their behalf about wanting to leave clubs and go to other clubs etc. lol

With Lineker and Micah Richards.

Can't see anyone being desperate enough to sign those 2 😉

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Done imo.

Could also be posturing go try and lower the price of a player in our final negotiations. 

But equally the emergency of Kellyman and Duran showing he can at least score vs weaker teams could mean Unai is comfortable with out depth for the group stages, and we'd only look to bring in an extra winger in January.