Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He rejected us to be made the new Number 10 and was starting or atleast heavily used for a while there. Then he got injured. The short version is he got overtaken by too many other players during his injury and now, yeah, it's a long road back for a 23yo who may never get back into the XI by the time his contract ends in his prime years (at 26). Good time to move on for player and club.

Long version: By the time he came back from injury Saka, Martinelli and Ødegaard were streets ahead in his Wing and #10 positions. Plus he had niggling groin issues and other injuries, Arsenal signed Trossard and he didn't get his place back.

He's since gotten over his injury issues (but also hasn't played to test his robustness) and in addition to Saka, Martinelli, Ødegaard and Trossard.. Arsenal have also added Havertz and Fabio Viera to ESR's positions.

Plus Rice being used as an 8 reduces his chances at moving to another position in midfield

I like both versions, thanks 😀

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We need a backup senior striker.

I'd like one too. But looking at how we play, and with Diaby and Zaniolo playing so offensively, I am not sure we need one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nobody linked is a bit worrying. Maybe we're good with what we've got. I can't see what option is available that improves us

Not worried about links as we're notoriously secret. That said, something usually seeps out just before so it could be the last 24 hours when we do our remaining business.
I reckon at least one high profile loan to buy amongst them.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I'd like one too. But looking at how we play, and with Diaby and Zaniolo playing so offensively, I am not sure we need one. 

Add Ramsey and Bailey to that as well. 

Regarding the striker.  If Watkins gets injured in might cause a problem, but how many decent strikers are we going to be able to attract to come her in case out striker that doesn't get injured gets injured?

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nobody linked is a bit worrying. Maybe we're good with what we've got. I can't see what option is available that improves us

It’s only a hunch but since Emery likes Felix and referring to his most recent interviews I still feel there is great interest. Could also explain the recent sales to help pay towards Felix’s wages/loan fee?

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Add Ramsey and Bailey to that as well. 

Regarding the striker.  If Watkins gets injured in might cause a problem, but how many decent strikers are we going to be able to attract to come her in case out striker that doesn't get injured gets injured?

Someone’s been on the piss. 😂

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

I’d be surprised if another big money signing came in. 

Same I think it’s safe to say that won’t be happening, a loan is the most likely but we just don’t seem to be getting linked with anyone, not strong links anyway. Someone on here did say some of the players we are interested in could be waiting for better  offers and will only come to us if those better offers don’t develop that’s quite feasible I guess.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Who though? Ideally a loan would be good 

No idea, that's not my job. But I think we should be able to identify and pick up, for example, an older striker with solid stats that is happy with a 2 year (say) deal to get 10 - 15 starts and some sub appearances, letting us give Watkins a rest or switch up things if he is struggling in a game and ease Duran in without leaving a huge quality gap.

For all that we talk about players being able to play as a striker in the squad, if Watkins is unavailable we don't have a proven striker in the squad. That's not good.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he just never got going again because of injuries and being overtaken by other players who were storming it.  The fact that it would all be profit for FFP might make Arsenal willing to listen to reasonable offers too.  I'm on the fence about him but I trust Unai to make anyone a world class player right about now!

Yep two years back he was ahead of Martinelli but then got a long term injury and now there's no chance he's getting a regular game on the left with how Arsenal have played in last 12 months.

In summer 2021 I'd have taken him no question but now I think a loan deal would be a better idea as he really hasn't played much football at all in last 18 months and we've seen before those types take ages to get up to match intensity.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

It’s only a hunch but since Emery likes Felix and referring to his most recent interviews I still feel there is great interest. Could also explain the recent sales to help pay towards Felix’s wages/loan fee?

Felix has no interest whatsoever in playing for us.

He'll end up at Barca late if they can move a high wage attacker out.

Or just stay on Atletico Madrid bench.

20 minutes ago, eholm said:

Defo feels like one out before anyone else coming in. Phil leaving will be only way be add any more imo. 

Think this is right. If we sell any of Coutinho, Traore or Digne (I don't expect we will sell any of them) then I think we'll get one more. Otherwise I think we're done. The squad is fairly full and I'm sure we don't just want to waste money on someone who's only going to get a handful of minutes. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Felix has no interest whatsoever in playing for us.

He'll end up at Barca late if they can move a high wage attacker out.

Or just stay on Atletico Madrid bench.

He was shit in WC and for Chelsea. Fed up seeing his name tbh. He's not a good fit and can't understand the obsession

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think this is right. If we sell any of Coutinho, Traore or Digne (I don't expect we will sell any of them) then I think we'll get one more. Otherwise I think we're done. The squad is fairly full and I'm sure we don't just want to waste money on someone who's only going to get a handful of minutes. 

Digne is staying now I reckon, LB links have gone dead.  May see Coutinho go, and would hope we have someone lined up if he does.  Bertie, hasn't really been linked with any moves away.

• Like 1