Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Nicho said:

It seems like we are going for players ready and experienced now. I don’t like the links with Acuna being 31 I was hoping Monchi would get us some 18-23  unknown wonder kids aswell.

I think we will sign players but no idea if that will be big money, what positions, how old or unknown players.

We probably need 3 a cb to cover mings/rb an attacking mid to cover Buendia and another winger/forward to hopefully replace Coutinho. 

Don’t think that’s the case mate and that links seems dead now with him injured… it’s just whichever player is deemed a good fit and is good value. Trying to take advantage of good opportunities…

Monchi just got us Zaniolo, 24 and a really exciting talent…

We’ll have to see who else is brought in but he’s done a great job so far… both on the outgoing and incoming fronts…

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

I'd prefer him too, but Sam Johnstone is vying with Guaita for the number 1 spot and is getting game time. It's works well for Johnstone to be at Palace, as he has a crack at regular football, especially as Guaita might be leaving.

Our issue is that our number 1 is a dominant number 1. No one is challenging him. Why would Johnstone (or insert name) come here knowing he'll barely play? That's the biggest recruitment issue Unai faces if he were to replace Olsen.

No longer the case, they’re signing Henderson. Guaita would be a good pick up on loan, unsettled and unhappy there, if he can’t get a permanent move somewhere or where he wants…

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Emile Smith Rowe unused substitute for the first 3 games .  I don't know why as we have plenty of other options in his position but i think he would be brilliant for us clever player and a great finisher. 

Just came to post that i saw something on Talksport claiming he's available?

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Emile Smith Rowe unused substitute for the first 3 games .  I don't know why as we have plenty of other options in his position but i think he would be brilliant for us clever player and a great finisher. 

Would be a decent option on loan if Coutinho leaves.

24 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I think we are waiting for our transfer targets right to the end of the window in the hope we get them cheaper !

Yeah, I dunno about cheaper but some deals have to be struck at the right time and are dependent on other deals. Clubs want replacements either signed or lined up before letting go of their own players… some players have different options lined up and need more time to make a final decision.

Dominoes tend to fall toward the end of the window, even on the last day (so often the case and sometimes a mad dash or scramble).

And last day deals are not always panic buys… we won’t be doing anything of the sort.

15 minutes ago, John said:

Ryan Taylor of the Daily Express has said, "Keep an eye on Felix. I know this is crazy, but I think the later we get in the window, I really feel like he's going to leave Atletico Madrid and he's going to be floated to a lot of clubs on loan. I don't know if Aston Villa would go in for Felix for the kind of money that would be offered, but I think he will probably be touted to Aston Villa. So keep an eye on that one.” 

This one just rumbles on doesn't it? I can't see him changing his mind about joining us and I suspect that if we rely on him doing so, on 1st September we will still be: 

Stream Bob Marley & The Wailers - Waiting In Vain (Noah Airé's Remix) by  Noah Airé | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

He’s go to go somewhere… don’t know where but he can’t carry on like this. It’s bad for him  and bad for the club..

Don’t think Barca can afford him or his wages atm (crippled with debt but allowed such freedom to operate and sign more players at the same time, Cancelo is the next one in), not unless they shift a few out.

I think there are still players on their books that they can’t even register!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

As i said before him and his Agent used villa last year.  He had his chance.  He can go f himself 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

As i said before him and his Agent used villa last year.  He had his chance.  He can go f himself 

I get it, but he grew up at Arsenal and they made a big song and dance about making him the new Number 10. It's not often I believe a player genuinely believed they were going to be an important player and then just weren't, but I believe it with ESR and all the talk at the time was that he was really surprised (in a good way) at how much we were going for him.

He'd only played a few games at that point. 

TBH I don't think we'll be interested now anyway, but I'd be a fan of the signing of it happened

Edited by HalfTimePost

You know… I like the way we have been doing business and would like us to continue in the same way…

I’m not encouraged by the idea of or eager for us to be dealing with “top PL sides” for their reserves and potentially getting fleeced…

Keep looking further afield as we have done with Pau, Diaby and Zaniolo… plenty of talent and value out there.. I think it’s Monchi’s “area of expertise” too…

-

I think it’s also nice for us to have the mentality that if a player is not good enough for those or even any team in the PL… he’s not good enough for us. I know it’s not always as simple and straightforward as that but in general… and there may be opportunities to take advantage of occasionally…

We want to compete with and potentially surpass some of these sides… not remain inferior or subservient to them.

It could be said that those teams have “missed a trick” by not getting the players we have signed and may regret it… Diaby is a fine example… he looks special…

Edited by Jas10

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Who cares what his agent done?  He did what he thought was best for the player at the time.  Circumstances have changed.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Count me in for ESR

I think he has huge potential and scores goals. Get it done unai!

I'm in the ESR camp too.

Could really develop into a top player given the chance.

Weren't we in for him a couple of years ago?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Who cares what his agent done?  He did what he thought was best for the player at the time.  Circumstances have changed.

I care.  U don’t let people use you.  Plenty of other players 

• Like 1

Does ESR have the “right mentality”? Seems like his main issue, personal motivation and letting his head drop…

I don’t think these are the kinds of players we are after and the clubs we want to be dealing or negotiating with right/for now… demands will be considerable…

Surprised we haven’t done more “La Liga business” so far…

I do think foreign leagues are the priority and focus for Unai and Monchi…

we can get major talent and potential for a lot less than shopping “at home” too…

Some exciting youngsters would be great… such as Osorio who we were linked to in the last window… players who may become real stars in the future and will be eager and hungry to impress or make an impact… good to have players like that on the bench and integrate them by playing them in certain games (cups and ECL) to show what they can do…

ESR is skilled, no doubt - and Don Unai would improve him, but he would be extremely expensive, would boost Arsenal's FFP position, and that business from before still leaves a bad taste. Would rather we pursued someone else personally. 

• Like 1