Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Two reasons. Firstly I assume if we don't sell him it's because people won't meet our asking price (might be to do with him only having 1 year left on contract too). 

Secondly he will leave for free end of next year and if we offer him an extension we reduce our FFP this year. If we intend to keep him and give him mins in games then we should want a few for him next summer.

Fair enough. Cant see us offering him a new deal either way. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough. Cant see us offering him a new deal either way. 

It all depends on what Emery wants. If we want to move Traore on this window we just accept the best offer we get. Even if it's a loan fee and wages covered type situation.

If we think he's being undervalued by the offers we've received so far and he is able to contribute for us on pitch we should keep him and extend his contract to protect his value. 

We could keep him and then find a buyer for small fee in Jan if we want to also. 

If we do get sell A. Ramsey, Archer, Davis, Philogene and Hause for a combined £40m, I'd be disappointed if we didn't use that to bring in another attacking player, as well as a right back. The only cover we'd have for Watkins would be Duran if Archer goes, and although we're fairly stacked with wingers/attacking midfielders, with Buendia and Coutinho being out injured as well as Ramsey and playing in four competitions we could really do with at least one more player. I'm expecting a late move for someone, with players like Goncalves, Torres and Jonathan David still out there and available (although it looks like Spurs want David as a potential Kane replacement). 

If Digne goes (which I still hope he doesn't), then presumably we also bring in a left back as a replacement, Acuna hopefully. And we still need a right back as we have all summer and not sure why Montiel at just £10m isn't of interest to us. He's no world beater but he'd at leats be decent competition for Cash in the short term. 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’ll see Acuña come in, Digne leave, and I think maybe an RB come in, but that’s it.

All in all as it stands a very good window in my opinion.

Diaby is doing to be some **** player this season!! 

If we swap Digne for Acuna in next few days. Sell the Academy players.

Martinez/Olsen 

Moreno/Acuna, Pau/Carlos, Konsa/Chambers, Cash

JJ/Coutinho, Luiz/Tielemans, Kamara/Donk, McGinn/Bailey

Duran/Watkins, Diaby/Zaniolo

Traore, Iroegbunam also still there. I'd still think one more attacking player in if we do have sales for Archer and Traore lined up. 

Coutinho and Chambers moving on when Buendia and Mings are back fit. 

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’ll see Acuña come in, Digne leave, and I think maybe an RB come in, but that’s it.

Can’t agree, I think we’ll bring in another attacking player at least.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Still feel we need at least one more attacker to go with that given our injury situation and being in four competitions that we want to go far in.

Edited by Leeroy

To me Digne looks a lot more settled in pre and in the start of the new season.

Unless a really good offer comes in I’d be quite happy to keep him with so many games to play.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Who’s this rude boy? I’ve not heard of him…

He's the sort of player we should be going after.

Barca will hate it. Trying to push Torres and his monstrous wages onto us all summer.

We have had a great transfer window, I would still like to see another RB. Either a younger one with the potential to be better than Cash or a more experienced one that can again at least offer competition. 

10 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Did Alberto Moleiro go anywhere in the end?

Think he got injured and his release clause went up a lot. So no.

On Abde - seems like they want to move him on to sign Felix. He looks pretty rapid and would be another wide player, primarily from the left so doesn’t solve the lack of cover for Watkins. 

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's the sort of player we should be going after.

Barca will hate it. Trying to push Torres and his monstrous wages onto us all summer.

Very assertively put for something you've completely made up! 😁

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If archer and JPB leave then we’re very light in attack, we’re already light there to be fair. Bailey and coutinho both suffer from injuries and it would mean we’re putting a lot of faith in Duran. Attacking wise our bench at the weekend was pretty desperate 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

If archer and JPB leave then we’re very light in attack

I often see this argument, but I can't see how getting rid of players who never played any serious part in our 1st team can be an issue.

We are not losing out by selling players who don't play for us.

In attack, we have Bailey, Diaby, Watkins, Zaniolo, Dhuran. And thats before you consider Coutinho or Traore.

I agree, one more attacker could help - but JPB or Archer are clearly not an answer at this stage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

In attack, we have Bailey, Diaby, Watkins, Zaniolo, Dhuran. And thats before you consider Coutinho or Traore.

Bailey, inconsistent and injury prone, Zaniolo completely untested and also rumoured to have a groin injury, Duran is completely untested, coutinho is finished at this level and Traore is also not up to standard and also gets injured constantly. So realistically we’ve two attackers who up until now are up to standard and stay fit. 

• Confused 2