Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

some mumurings that the Acuna deal is off as Seville want daft money for a 31 year old on his final year of contract.

hope we go for Tavares instead

20 minutes ago, John said:

If they look at some of the fees paid for players in the last year of their contract, during this window (Kane & Rice to name two), the money they are asking for the player might not seem quite so daft to them.

Especially so, as I believe he has two years left on his contract anyway

• Like 2

Think Tavares could be a really fun signing, especially if he comes in to just compete with Moreno rather than relied upon to start every game. He has heaps of ability and would suit that marauding full back role perfectly, he just has a lot to iron out in his game which there's no better man than Emery to help him out with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s because fans would be mystified if they knew who it was. However, I’ve cracked it.

Bailey never went on an unsanctioned trip to Majorca last week and stole a Jet Ski. He’d obviously caught a quick flight to Hull and was  Jet Skiing in the Humber before his proposed move. He’ll love it in Hull. 

The person he allegedly decked in the Corporate Stand was probably some saboteur trying to ruin his dream move to the tigers, and he wasn't having it.

• Haha 1

It is sad to see academy products leave when some are clearly talented,  but and it’s a big but (ooh matron) we have moved on so far in the last 3-4 years that unless they are exceptional talents then they aren’t going to make it here… it’s such a shame but getting to a stage where we can sell academy talent, rather than just releasing players, is a great place to be. It’s pure profit for FFP purposes and that’s going to get us an extra player/wages for someone who can take us to the next level.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

If we can blag about £25m for Ramsey, Philogene and Davis, that is impressive as hell and buys a lot of FFP headroom.

Most youngsters don't make it - one injury can see them become Gary Gardner.
And if we are putting the buy-back clauses in, we have a degree of protection, as they'd likely not progress sat on our bench, and we can then amortise the fee over 5 years (or whatever the contract is).

We will likely win more than we lose, and I suspect it will make our academy more attractive to youth players, as we don't stifle their careers.

That's two £60m players under FFP amortisation.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Hull are showing serious ambition, Aaron Connolly, Xavier Simons, Liam Delap, Scott Twine, and Ruben Vinagre signed so far, with Philogene and another from us to follow, they spent quite a bit of money last season as well signing players from Turkey, as well as bringing in Seri from Fulham, who was actually quite good for them in promotion season, to the point where a lot of Fulham fans were surprised they let him go.

Seems they made a profit on players last year and haven't spent that much this summer. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It is sad to see academy products leave when some are clearly talented,  but and it’s a big but (ooh matron) we have moved on so far in the last 3-4 years that unless they are exceptional talents then they aren’t going to make it here… it’s such a shame but getting to a stage where we can sell academy talent, rather than just releasing players, is a great place to be. It’s pure profit for FFP purposes and that’s going to get us an extra player/wages for someone who can take us to the next level.

True, but I still had high hopes for JPB. I'm more 'meh' on Keinan tbh.

Tavares would be an awful signing, anyone who says they want him clearly hasn't watched him play. Ask any Portugal fans who watched him at the Under 21 Euros, they'll tell you. 

Only thing he has on Acuna is age but Arsenal are desperate to get rid of him. Acuna is a far superior player, but I'd rather just keep Digne.

Hopefully Tavares is all b*llocks anyway.

• Like 1