Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I've seen a lot of Adams and Dendonker and I prefer to keep Dendonker...I don't think Adams is an upgrade on anyone we have the club with the exception of Chambers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

- They won't have that first half dip this season

- They have already strengthened and will still be buying players

- They finished last season on top form, winning most of their games in the last quarter of the season.

IMO of course, i hope you are right!

When you lay it all out like that, yes, I see.   Should be a compelling match when we play them. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Perfect height when horizontal though 😉

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

She's the perfect height when horizontal though 😉

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

She's the perfect height when horizontal though 😉

You can say that again.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, KMitch said:

As an American who has seen a lot of Tyler Adams over the years, I don't want him at Villa.  He's a very poor passer and makes bad decisions at times.  I think he's Championship quality at best.  Dendoncker is a much better player than he is, IMO. 

Your knowledge of him is greater than mine KMitch, so that makes your opinion more valuable. Thanks.

Coral has Harry Maguire @ 12/1 and Kalvin Phillips @ 14/1 to be our players at the end of the window. I thought bookies were supposed to know something that we don't, must have been some money on these earlier, it's fortunately not happening now in either case. 

There-will-be-many-people-who-are-relieved GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 minute ago, John said:

Coral has Harry Maguire @ 12/1 and Kalvin Phillips @ 14/1 to be our players at the end of the window. I thought bookies were supposed to know something that we don't, must have been some money on these earlier, it's fortunately not happening now in either case. 

There-will-be-many-people-who-are-relieved GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Classic West Ham signings… I’m surprised that Man Poo turned down their 20m bid for Shitty Maguire…

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

I've seen a lot of Adams and Dendonker and I prefer to keep Dendonker...I don't think Adams is an upgrade on anyone we have the club with the exception of Chambers!

I think Adams is more aggressive and mobile than Donk, and better going forward. I actually think he's more of an Emery type player than Donk. Also younger? So possible better sell-on value.

• Like 1

Dunno about Adams, but I can’t see us signing a player who isn’t good on the ball and can’t pass it well - they have to excel at that, it’s crucial for an Unai player and in an Unai team. And is why we’re so attractive to watch now… FINALLY!!

• Like 2

I can’t imagine we’d bother spending any remaining transfer budget on Adams without bringing in another forward player.

The only way I can see a deal for Adams happening is if Dendoncker said that he wanted to leave for more first team opportunities.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno about Adams, but I can’t see us signing a player who isn’t good on the ball and can’t pass it well - they have to excel at that, it’s crucial for an Unai player and in an Unai team. And is why we’re so attractive to watch now… FINALLY!!

This. Not a good fit, doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 1

I probably rate Adams more highly than others. He’s come from a Red Bull setup then to whatever Leeds have done. 

His defensive stats and workrate are top, but in possession passing is not something that’s been a highlight. But he’s a team leader, strong trainer, and while I hate to say it because it’s a superfluous saying - has the intangibles to learn. 

So if McGinn can be converted into different roles, I believe Unai can do the same with Adams. It would be a 10x better transfer than McKennie. 

But I agree with others that it doesn’t make sense money-wise and considering we have the depth we have at that specific area. 

Edited by DJBOB

Yes to Marcos Leonardo but think it’s more likely an agent using our name to push Roma along. Also kinda makes little sense as he’s a similar player to Archer, so unless he’s leaving no space for him. 

Having Adams alongside day Dougie & Kamara is a formidable midfield. He’s a press machine and would free Kamara and Dougie up to be more creative in terms of passing and getting forwards. But unless The Donk is leaving cannot see it, again probs agent talk to push others along. 

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Wouldn’t mind the player but question another center mid who would have to play in the double pivot. That would make 5 players for 2 spots. 

If Dendoncker goes, it makes sense though. Rate the transfer either way if it happens. If Adams really kicks on, could be a big sell on. 

I think Adams could play as inverted RB also a bit like Stones and Zinchenko etc.. playing more as a midfielder in possession and as part of a back 4 out of possession. He could also play on place of Kamara too