Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The fun never ends with the Félix sh**show ... but hey, don't smear us with your cast-off, Athletis. (Now I'm desperate to get to the CL and beat Athletico. It will happen!)

I must admit as a player João Félix could be very good for Villa, especially working under Professor Emery.

Yet the more I hear stuff like this he seems like a Grade A word removed. From what we are seeing with snippets like this and previously in January he really does not want to join Villa and seems to be very disrespectful towards the club and even Atletico.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno if that’s a good or a bad thing 🤣 Mostly just cut and paste 🤣

I just show up for transfer windows mainly and the excitement of incoming players. Frequent the site much less otherwise…

Apologies to those that find it annoying 🤣

You keep this thread moving along.. I for one appreciate it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno if that’s a good or a bad thing 🤣 Mostly just cut and paste 🤣

I just show up for transfer windows mainly and the excitement of incoming players. Frequent the site much less otherwise…

Apologies to those that find it annoying 🤣

No its good and good only haha

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I must admit as a player João Félix could be very good for Villa, especially working under Professor Emery.

Yet the more I hear stuff like this he seems like a Grade A word removed. From what we are seeing with snippets like this and previously in January he really does not want to join Villa and seems to be very disrespectful towards the club and even Atletico.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention.

we certainly wouldn’t be buying him anyway IMO, the finances are huge for it and he will want to go to a top ten team in the world, not the next tier down

If we can land Diaby soon, I think things would get really interesting after that, we won’t be in rush for the next couple of transfers. Someone like Felix can be looked at towards the end of the window. I don’t care what’s happening right now, the relationship seem bad as the club want to offload. Also media trying to take some words from him. But if we got Diaby, then we’ve potentially got stronger in all areas of our team, arguably only regressed on RB. 
I doubt we’d get both Diaby and Doku, but if we did then why not. Possibly Diaby and Gnonto? As Gnonto won’t be an automatic starter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe one day he'll end up at Villa. The irony would be delicious. I rate him -- but I don't overrate him. A reminder of how ill-equipped for life the football talent factory can be. It's a little sad, really. Still, if his antics are making this transfer window a bit more entertaining, no one will ever beat The Drive in 2013. Remember that?  Classic. 😂

Steve Clarke has described Peter Odemwingie's decision to drive to Queens Park Rangers on transfer deadline day as "total lunacy" and said the West Bromwich Albion forward was never granted permission to speak to the London club.

After a bizarre chain of events that culminated in Odemwingie returning to Albion's training ground on Friday morning, 24 hours after he had packed his bags and set off for Loftus Road only for a proposed move to QPR to collapse, Clarke accused the Nigerian of "jumping the gun".

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

All he said was he’s wanted to play for Barcelona since he was a kid.

Are we so precious that this is seen as some kind of slight against us?

Yes. Need you ask?

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

All he said was he’s wanted to play for Barcelona since he was a kid.

Are we so precious that this is seen as some kind of slight against us?

Villa fans only want bread and circuses

• Haha 1