Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

The lack of any action is because we’re going big for the forward positions. Ferran Torres, Harvey Barnes, Gnonto etc all there for the taking and it seems we’re not interested….

Why would you think we are not interested in these players? Just asking!

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

It’s depressing when you see good players sign obscene long term contracts that are way above what their level of performance deserves. Sure it sets them up financially (unless it’s Barcelona paying the salary) but will pretty much destroy their careers.

It leaves them stuck at clubs they’re not good enough to play for and not able to go anywhere else without taking a pay it which they won’t do.

We can't even say right we'll take him for free and pay him that, so it's the same as paying £30m and paying £30m in salary. Screws you over immediately.

Because as soon as other agents with players at Villa find out, everyone wants a new contract with £200k a week.

That's the delay with Watkins I reckon. He's either already signed a deal matching our top earners or he wants one.

17 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It’s depressing when you see good players sign obscene long term contracts that are way above what their level of performance deserves. Sure it sets them up financially (unless it’s Barcelona paying the salary) but will pretty much destroy their careers.

It leaves them stuck at clubs they’re not good enough to play for and not able to go anywhere else without taking a pay it which they won’t do.

That's their wage structure though isn't it

He's a young kid playing 20 games a season, gets offered a contract and looks round that first team and sees all the starters on £300k+ a week, an average wage probably closer to £400k, the likes of griezmann and Suarez on £600k and Messi on £1m and then their going rate is going to be around the £200k he's landed on

There was the central midfielder who walked away from them cos he couldn't get £150k a week out of them at 18, was linked to us, went to leipzig (and on to do not a fat lot) but again if you're making 10 to 20 appearances a season that's the rate, he won't get that at leipzig

I would've thought someone like Pulisic would've come on our radar personally.

Mid 20s, already excellent experience at CL and domestic level and down the pecking order at Chelsea.

However he's probably like Felix in just wanting to join endless CL clubs to bench warm, seems he just wants to go to AC Milan.

Them bidding just 20m and expecting to get him shows the British players tax in all its glory when you think likes of Barnes and Johnson will be going for 35-40m in the end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

I think like Citeh, they will do what they want and worry about employing a few KC's to get around FFP later. They can also use the Chelsea option of flogging St Maximan and/or Almiron to Saudi for inflated fees. I doubt that they are done for this window. 

Yeah its a joke isnt it. Hypocritical cowards of the highest level. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Some players are just fine with it. They get very rich very young while training  with elite players at elite facilities of prestigious clubs, minus the pressure to perform every weekend. 

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mid 20s, already excellent experience at CL and domestic level and down the pecking order at Chelsea.

However he's probably like Felix in just wanting to join endless CL clubs to bench warm, seems he just wants to go to AC Milan.

Them bidding just 20m and expecting to get him shows the British players tax in all its glory when you think likes of Barnes and Johnson will be going for 35-40m in the end.

3 years away from a yank world cup that he could be the face of...

His form has dipped massively, needs the move

Google Translates as:

Answer: "Openda to Aston Villa - the Birmingham club have met the expectations of RC Lens management.  The Belgian international is expected to join the club coached by Unai Emery who will participate in the Europa League Conference.  Lens will receive around €50m including bonuses.  » 

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Totally different buying unwanted players to players who are the best in their teams. Look at Brighton with Caiceido and he isn’t British.

Just now, gaz90 said:

Google Translates as:

Answer: "Openda to Aston Villa - the Birmingham club have met the expectations of RC Lens management.  The Belgian international is expected to join the club coached by Unai Emery who will participate in the Europa League Conference.  Lens will receive around €50m including bonuses.  » 

The thing that makes me smell bullshit is that they link him to leipzig and say leipzig are now looking at alternatives... Leipzig have just signed sesko who is one of the best young strikers going, doesn't make sense that they'd be after another one

5 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Google Translates as:

Where’s the obligatory stat chart and YouTube video 😜

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Look, you’ve all been arguing amongst yourselves lately and quite frankly, it’s starting to piss me off. So, relax and let’s discuss this random link…

Is he any good? Apart from being a striker I know nothing about him

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Barnes. I think he’s a good player. But I’m not too concerned about Newcastle if this is the calibre they are signing at the moment. 

They’ve also added Tonali into that midfield which was brilliant last season. Their recruitment has been fairly excellent bar Gordon and there’s a reason they’ll want to sign Barnes. Much less risk involved than adding a young wide man from Spain etc imo 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Just now, nick76 said:

His stats are very impressive.

Although that’s only in Ligue 1 and the Eredivisie so clearly he is likely to be National League standard or lower.

Of we managed to get Openda and Ferran Torres that would be incredible and could sort our attack out for years.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Look, you’ve all been arguing amongst yourselves lately and quite frankly, it’s starting to piss me off. So, relax and let’s discuss this random link…

worthy of a new thread surely...? 

18 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Google Translates as:

So the first looks like a legit account saying the deal is dead with RB, is the link to us from just this random guy?