Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What we really need is a thread specifically dedicated to Newcastle United. I know it sounds crazy but I think it just might work.

It should be pinned at the top of the Villa related threads as well. 

• Haha 2

Will be interesting what winger we end up signing. Seems a lot of them will move this window and we'll have missed out on a few. I'd really like Barnes but he'll probably join Newcastle. 

Goncalves seems a ridiculous price. So a no go. 

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Will be interesting what winger we end up signing. Seems a lot of them will move this window and we'll have missed out on a few. I'd really like Barnes but he'll probably join Newcastle. 

Goncalves seems a ridiculous price. So a no go. 

Goncalves isn't a winger 

55 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wouldn't want either but don't think they're much better especially Gordon and not unhappy none of them at Villa. ASM been brought up on here a lot in the past as player some would've liked at Villa. Another all fart, no poo player IMO

Reminds me of the well known graffiti:  image.jpeg.3876ac1fe50abbe3bbca9387e915217c.jpeg which in turn reminds me of: image.jpeg.304ce23ab0e95bcf493d11b237329447.jpeg Are we buying anyone folks?

How often do clubs sign players whilst they are away on pre season tours? Just wondering if Villa will look to get a forward signed (especially as it’s a key signing) before they fly out to America otherwise it be a case of waiting till back for the Lazio game. 

Might be wrong but I remember there was a rush to get signings done before flying out to America (remember Konsa getting announced just before they flew out) in 2019 and I don’t recall anybody signing whilst they were out in Australia last summer. 

40 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Goncalves isn't a winger 

Aside from playing the vast majority of his games on the left wing and being listed as a left winger by Transfermarkt. Including 26 games last season from left wing. With 19 played centrally. Then yes he isn't a winger. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Alex Baena linked again

This link has been made on and off throughout the summer so far.  Wouldn't surprise me if this happens. 

Edited by STO

Ferran Torres could be an interesting pick up for a few million. I’m loathe to help Barca out but given Torres is young, can play anywhere across the front line and hasn’t had any serious injury concerns in the past, it seems a decent fit. 

Picking him up for €25m - I don’t know, I think we could do a lot worse.

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ferran Torres could be an interesting pick up for a few million. I’m loathe to help Barca out but given Torres is young, can play anywhere across the front line and hasn’t had any serious injury concerns in the past, it seems a decent fit. 

Picking him up for €25m - I don’t know, I think we could do a lot worse.

It seems the most likely out of all the recent names and links… most doable or affordable deal if he is interested…

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It seems the most likely out of all the recent names and links… most doable or affordable deal if he is interested…

Him not seeming that bothered is the red flag. I want players that want to come and believe in the project. Not some player that thinks got nothing better on the table

• Like 2