Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

My ambition goal is to secure a top five finish and beat Man United,Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool at least once and win some silverware (ideally the FA Cup) 😂 I would like to look at a team when playing against the likes of these and say im more than happy to kick off the match with this eleven and go for the kill…adding to what we’ve got a goncalves and Felix/Williams would give me that confidence.

Starting to get annoyed with not pinching a win against City and we haven’t beaten United enough for all the times they have slapped us up over the years likewise with arsenal and liverpool… I DONT LIKE THEM ! 

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Listening to Villa podcast "...we could play Konsa at RB, he's played there before."

Noobs!

P.S. listening further said assuming no RB signing,  Emery doesn't seem to rate Cash and he's been known to play CBs at FB so thinks Konsa could be RB 1st game vs Newcastle. Lol that would be funny

Playing Konsa at RB wouldn't be the best idea, like it wouldn't be a wise idea to play Kamara at CB, regardless if they have played in those positions earlier in their careers and whatever.

FWIW, I think we could sign a RB who will challenge Cash for the position.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Playing Konsa at RB wouldn't be the best idea, like it wouldn't be a wise idea to play Kamara at CB, regardless if they have played in those positions earlier in their careers and whatever.

FWIW, I think we could sign a RB who will challenge Cash for the position.

Cash is a RM converted to RB he scored goal against us at right wing in the 5-5 against Forest. As said on the podcast Emery has played CBs at FB at Villareal. Don't be so rigid in your thinking

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allani said:

There is a difference between giving him a go at PL level and having him as our main "backup" option.  IF we sign two more excellent attacking players then Archer definitely becomes an option.  But if Archer is one of the two attacking additions of the summer then I think we're taking a huge risk / gamble.  The problem is that if he goes 3 or 4 matches without scoring all the confidence he has built up over the last 10 months could vanish, if we start losing games then the crowd could quickly get on his back if he misses a half-decent chance.  In many ways I would love for us to give Archer a chance next season - but to be able to do that we need some serious reinforcements into our front line - so that we can give him that opportunity with the deck loaded in his favour rather than against him.  Obviously any new signing is a gamble - but we are still being linked with players that have performed well in higher leagues, in European competitions and at senior international level.  Let's get that business sorted first and then give Archer (and some of our other young players coming through) the best possible chance of taking his opportunity by playing him / them with the strongest support possible.

So like last season you want him as 3rd option.. just to keep his confidence good. Well, that didn’t work out well for him or his development. 6 months wasted doing nothing but keeping a car seat warm. 

It’s about time we give him more minutes. The risk of ollie getting a long term injury is there, but we shouldn’t be so risk averse just in case the worse happens. that way of thinking will always kill our youth set up at the last hurdle. If the boy has proven himself at every level but the Prem, then he needs a fair chance to have ago at this level.

We do need wide attackers, but I’m not so fussed if they can play CF or not, as we got a decent prospect in Archer. 

Overall, I’m not particularly afraid of this risk. Ollie is generally rebust and doesn’t injure easy and Archer has proven himself to be given a go at some premier league football.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, a veteran of the position.

In fairness mate, there are people who champion Wesley off the back of an hour against Burnley, so 753 minutes is substantial.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MattAvfc92 said:

I know it’s only tentative twitter links but I really have come around to the idea of us signing Gnonto from Leeds.

Young enough to improve, direct and adds another dimension to our attack!

And it annoys every Leeds fan going. Thankfully I don't know any first hand but I'll get satisfaction knowing their fans aren't happy about it. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Haha 1

There’s every chance Konsa could play that RCB/RB role but it doesn’t have to rule out a signing in that position. We don’t know what Cash’s status is either…

I just don’t understand how and why anyone would be averse to us adding high quality or better players to our team and squad - it’s how every team improves and progresses and achieves success. Our present squad has a limit, we can surpass that by enhancing it…

Regardless, I back Unai to improve our players even more and add new elements to their games…

None of us know what Unai’s plans are and how he may change up the team. We could even see an alteration in our system and he might want to “flip” our attacking side over to the right at times, especially with Moreno injured atm. At this stage, there’s not too much we can rule out really, we may even see a front 3 for instance… 

It’s hard to predict or call much atm but it’s interesting to theorise… more signings will reveal more and give us more of an insight or clue…

I do really like our present CB selection… we could see a preferred partnership (e.g. Mings and Torres) in the league and another (Carlos and Konsa) in cup and ECL group games. I think that’s a good idea and gives them all opportunity to impress and for someone to stake more of a claim depending on how well they do… we have plenty of games to play…

Same sort of thing with midfield too…

Could even see Archer playing in those games and prioritise Ollie for PL… I believe Unai wants to do as well as possible in all competitions but prioritise a higher finish in the league…

I’m glad he’s the one managing all this 😆

1 minute ago, ozvilla28 said:

Double figures that's what counts finds the back of the net.

3 times in nearly 15 years...

As a squad player he'd be ok I suppose but it's a position that's key to us now, I don't want to sign someone who sparks a "is he better than Buendia?" conversation I want someone where the answer is so blindingly obviously yes no ever asks that question

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

3 times in nearly 15 years...

As a squad player he'd be ok I suppose but it's a position that's key to us now, I don't want to sign someone who sparks a "is he better than Buendia?" conversation I want someone where the answer is so blindingly obviously yes no ever asks that question

How many clubs after strikers struggling to find a reasonable target without paying big dollars and still not proven in the Premier League.

Torres (F) can play wide and through the middle if needed. Contributes goals and assists. I don't understand the people against signing him. 

As for Rodrigo, Emery is big on character and attitude. I can't see him bringing someone in who could potentially disrupt our strong team spirit and togetherness. 

19 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

How many clubs after strikers struggling to find a reasonable target without paying big dollars and still not proven in the Premier League.

He’s on £100k per week at Leeds, he doesn’t deserve to be close to our top earners so no thanks

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Torres (F) can play wide and through the middle if needed. Contributes goals and assists. I don't understand the people against signing him. 

Because he’s not that great and before you quote stats, so did El Ghazi but I’ve watched F.Torres enough to not be impressed, so no thanks.

• Haha 1