Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Only way this lad makes a permanent move is if Atletico are willing to make a huge loss and he’s willing to take a huge pay cut… seems unlikely unless a master negotiator can broker a deal…

Never a Simeone player… 

For me, I don’t care about statement signings or not, I just want to get it right. But for Joao Felix, I think he’ll be our perfect signing, and we’ll the perfect team for him. Whenever I saw with Chelsea (not that I saw much) he was dangerous. The fact that people are doubting him is perfect for us to reduce his value and not many big teams willing to get him. If we add Joao to our team, I think we’ll go to the next level in terms of attacking force. We’d have one of the best midfields in the league. Really hope we get him. A loan with a buying view would be perfect. Won’t be easy but that’s what Monchi came for.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends how much we put in to winning the conference. I can’t see both a long cup run and a strong league finish. It’s just way too many games. 

West Ham improved by the time they had more games, their worst for was before playing many games. We just have to get the right balance. We won’t play the first round of LC, which we even forgot it happens for Europe qualifying teams lol. Chelsea and Spurs will go first. See who draw get us against, and plan from there. If it’s non PL side then we should keep focusing. I remember us surrendering one year against City, because we had a relegation game against Bolton, just to go there and lose 3-2 after being winning. Just plan it right and see where it takes you to. We won’t play FA Cup until we know where are we on the League Cup and Europe. Also we’ll know who’s in the semi final (if we made it in the league cup). If City is still there then we’ll have to give it a try in the FA Cup. 

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Inter hardly have an outstanding squad, they have no money, a stadium that needs replacing that they can't afford, and have to get frees/loans in.

Ok they made the Champions League final this year, great. Will they do the same next year? Nope, it was a one off for that squad.

I also didn't say they weren't a big club, I said he could have joined one of the biggest clubs as second choice. To me the biggest clubs are the top 10 or so clubs in the world.

Wow. How many times have you actually watched Inter to come to this assessment of their playing squad? Their first XI is quality. 

And I would argue heavily that Inter are a top 10 team in the world, and why would anyone choose to be a backup at a “top 10” rather than first choice at a top 15 (at worst?!) club?

I think we need a forward with Athleticism, pace and an ability to work, like Ollie does.

Where we are going, won't cut it for forwards to be waiting around for the perfect pass.....They have to work the opposition.

Big names, can sometimes be gained from having just good moments in a game....not knocking that, but its not enough.....Top defenders don't hand gifts on a plate, opportunities have to be worked for, so any notion of a non-industrios player, or half soaked bod, is not for me.

However.........I trust UE to get it right.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

For me, I don’t care about statement signings or not, I just want to get it right. But for Joao Felix, I think he’ll be our perfect signing, and we’ll the perfect team for him. Whenever I saw with Chelsea (not that I saw much) he was dangerous. The fact that people are doubting him is perfect for us to reduce his value and not many big teams willing to get him. If we add Joao to our team, I think we’ll go to the next level in terms of attacking force. We’d have one of the best midfields in the league. Really hope we get him. A loan with a buying view would be perfect. Won’t be easy but that’s what Monchi came for.

I agree but he’s going to be very costly and hard to attract, sounds like he only wants a CL club. He needs to make the right move for the sake of his career though - mass wealth isn’t everything…

I do believe that he is an example of a player that Unai can “unlock” and get to hit their potential…

Not really surprised nobody has come in for Felix.

Pretty sure I read that he only wants to play for a club currently in the Champions League and I’d imagine he’d want/expect ridiculous wages also. 

Edited by Supervillan78

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

Not really surprised nobody has coma in for Felix.

Pretty sure I read that he only wants to play for a club currently in the Champions League and I’d imagine he’d want/expect ridiculous wages also. 

And yet he didn’t exactly pull up trees last season so maybe he needs to readjust his expectations. I’m not that fussed. I don’t want to sign someone who thinks they’re doing us a favour. Makes me think of Gerrard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Wow. How many times have you actually watched Inter to come to this assessment of their playing squad? Their first XI is quality. 

And I would argue heavily that Inter are a top 10 team in the world, and why would anyone choose to be a backup at a “top 10” rather than first choice at a top 15 (at worst?!) club?

Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG and our top 6 is the top ten in the world.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I guarantee you Emery will be telling his players that Champions League qualification is the objective THIS season.

Oh one million percent!…and how does it work negotiating with future players who want champions league straight away , does he tell them we aim to be there next year. 

56 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I agree but he’s going to be very costly and hard to attract, sounds like he only wants a CL club. He needs to make the right move for the sake of his career though - mass wealth isn’t everything…

I do believe that he is an example of a player that Unai can “unlock” and get to hit their potential…

So he won’t want to join Chelsea or Spurs then.

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Oh one million percent!…and how does it work negotiating with future players who want champions league straight away , does he tell them we aim to be there next year. 

That’s a come down, Dean Smith wanted us to compete for the title. 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

GNot really surprised nobody has come in for Felix.

Me neither.

There was a big fuss over him in January and he opted for Chelsea. He hardly done much there to convince me he would have been a good signing for us.

I also read that he will apparantly only sign for a team playing in the CL.

To be honest, I would rather with put Archer in the first team than sign Felix.

• Like 3