Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 hours ago, andyb82 said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think McGinn counts as I think it is just English and Welsh FAs that are counted as home grown for the Premier league. 

I think also for Europa you need a certain number of players in the squad produced by your own academy. Think it is 4. So for me it increases the likelihood that Archer will be kept in the squad rather than loaned again

I though part of Brexit was that is was UK and not just English/Welsh. Though I am not sure. Might only have been for transfer of kids under 18 I'm thinking of

14 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Player about half the time for Spalletti, wide forward. Mid/late twenties I think so he's not a kid with potential. Played well in the Champions League though, even if his form was patchy, so that's a good sign. He's decent, if Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him then don't see why not.

They rotated the squad a lot so him playing half the games is not a sign of weakness I think.

He was good at Napoli, but not outstanding as I remember.

I guess we play quicker attacks than Napoli who dominated most games so he could do well! 

Hiring Lozano has 30 goals & 17 assists for Napoli in 155 games, when he was at PSV 40 goals, 16 assists in 79 game ... more a right winger than anywhere across the front 3 & also works his socks off, could be perfect for how Emery sets up be a good start to adding to the forward line 👌

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really shows the strength (financially) of the Premier League compared to Europe if we can sign a key player from the Champions of Italy. 

He's not a key player for them at all tbf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Just saw he played 41 games so definitely played his part.

13th most minutes played in the team - half of what the top 5 players are pulling in and nobody is going to say he's anywhere near the level of Osimhen or Kvaratskhelia either. He's a rotation option for them and Serie A isn't the league it once was - I think we could do better. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Great player in his peak years just won a title ...  pretty sure he is off to Saudi Arabia 🇸🇦 that was the talk few weeks back when West Ham were linked. 

His peak years. He is only 27 😂

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t see us tearing up our football structure and bringing in Monchi to then go and splash £50m on MGW..

Not at all, but it would take more than 50m. More like 60/70 which is insane. Same goes for Johnson.

Forest avoided relegation and have no need to sell players, they can set the asking price.

Stupid, nonsensical “links” or rumours and we would be mad to pay those sums - we won’t. We can do a hell of a lot better too.

As you say, Monchi’s here to help Unai find the right combinations of value and quality… our first two signings have already indicated that.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

How many times have I backed you up, huh? How many?

And you go and do this to me. 

Firstly, I really appreciate the back up, it doesn't go unnoticed. 

But this, this was an opportunity too good to miss :D 

I hope you understand. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Links to Ferran Torres and Lozano are more of the ones that excite me. Not the links to barnes and johnson

Potentially 2 for the price of 1 (or less) and better…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

You have just proved my point,  thank you!

So he is the 3rd highest chance creator (almost as high as Jacob Ramsey), with a 4.12 xA (compared to Ramsey's 7.12 xA). The disparity between the high chances created, and low expected assists, means the chances he created weren't very good chances on the whole. This is because his xA would be considerably higher if chance quality was high.

This just proves that the quality of chances he creates isn't as good as JJ, Watkins and Bailey. Otherwise his xA would be considerably higher, as well as his actual assists! 

Buendia being some great creator is a MYTH!

• Like 1