Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If you had to pick one of

F Torres vs P Goncalves 

Barnes vs Johnson 

who would you pick and why? 

NB: you can’t have Torres and Goncalves 

For me, Torres and Barnes are likely to be the better value combination, one prefers right, one prefers left, and both are proven in the Premier league has scored significant goals from their positions. 

More risk with the other two. 

22 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

F Torres vs P Goncalves 

Barnes vs Johnson 

For me, Torres and Barnes are likely to be the better value combination, one prefers right, one prefers left, and both are proven in the Premier league has scored significant goals from their positions. 

Torres over Goncalves. Goncalves seems more of a gamble.

Feel the same re both Barnes and Johnson. Would be decent signings and I’d be pleased with either but don’t think either would raise us a level. 

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Barnes is rubbish off the ball. Not an Emery player. What's the point of Monchi if just going to make lazy signings like Barnes. Might as well just hire someone from VT

Agree unless he comes in at a price you can't ignore, £15m odd as a replacement for traore and we sign two wide men

That's not going to happen though

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Barnes is rubbish off the ball. Not an Emery player. What's the point of Monchi if just going to make lazy signings like Barnes. Might as well just hire someone from VT

You've not mentioned that before...

You're worse than me in the Buendia thread 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree unless he comes in at a price you can't ignore, £15m odd as a replacement for traore and we sign two wide men

That's not going to happen though

They will want at least twice that and we've signed Torres for 30m odd. More good deals like that please

9 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

On football grounds? Moral grounds? Both? The "suggestion" was obviously delivered as a question, and it's not a moral comment on his indefensible behaviours or a troll. But he's going somewhere, that seems certain, and he happens to play football. ETH isn't interested in selling him, and we need someone in that position. 

You just need to see the replies to your post to see the reaction to that signing

If we signed him id Stop following the club. The guys scum

• Like 3

The whole "in the eyes of the law" or general "not found guilty" shouts with Greenwood do my nut in considering there is literal evidence of what he did. No mental gymnastics would justify signing him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Whoever suggested Greenwood has not only ruined my week, they've ruined Christmas too.

Agreed. They may as well have told us that Father Christmas isn't real, they ran over the Easter Bunny and that there wasn't a massive intergalactic space battle in the 70's which culminated in a big techno-orb type thing named the Death Star (cool name by the way) being blown up.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

The whole "in the eyes of the law" or general "not found guilty" shouts with Greenwood do my nut in considering there is literal evidence of what he did. No mental gymnastics would justify signing him.

he wasnt cleared charges were dropped difference

10 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bit of weird one ... but should we look into Mason Greenwood on loan? Is that just too much baggage? I know, I know. But ...

I don't wish to be rude as you seen a lovely chap. But wtf. 🤔

You may need to go and a have a lie down.

I'd rather close the club down than sign that piece of shit.

• Like 1

Theory on our slow selling....

We're very comfortable for FFP position to the end of June 2023 (I.e. today!) Thanks to Grealish sale still factoring.

We want to make any future sales after the end of June so they factor in as many of the future years possible when Grealish money doesn't help us.

So we may see a lot of movement outwards from Saturday.

Similarly, with signings, most clubs we are trying to buy from are probably in a similar boat with looking to make money for next years calcs.

Conversely, the poorer teams trying to buy our castoffs (esepcially like Luton) probably have no wiggle room left for this year and need the new year to kick in before they can sign.

All in all. Today should be a big day of last minute moves of players with clubs trying to maximise their FFP position for this year's calcs, and tomorrow could also be the same with clubs having waited till the cutover to complete. I think we'll see our sales starting from tomorrow

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

F Torres vs P Goncalves 

Barnes vs Johnson 

Torres and Barnes.

There is a very good chance that the other two players would play better for Villa than the two I picked.

For me transfers are like bets, they don't all work out and you are playing the odds (cost) vs the benefits 

As things are right now my bet on forwards right now would be for media quoted prices to be had...

1 year loan plus 25m euros for Torres and 17m Pounds for Pulisic

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Theory on our slow selling....

We're very comfortable for FFP position to the end of June 2023 (I.e. today!) Thanks to Grealish sale still factoring.

We want to make any future sales after the end of June so they factor in as many of the future years possible when Grealish money doesn't help us.

So we may see a lot of movement outwards from Saturday.

Similarly, with signings, most clubs we are trying to buy from are probably in a similar boat with looking to make money for next years calcs.

Conversely, the poorer teams trying to buy our castoffs (esepcially like Luton) probably have no wiggle room for this year left and need the new year to kick in before they can sign.

All in all. Today should be a big day of last minute moves of players with clubs trying to maximise their FFP position for this year's calcs, and tomorrow could also be the same with clubs having waited till the cutover to complete.

It is plausible