Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why do Coventry fans hate the villa so much? They’re barely a vague afterthought to what we consider as “rivals”

They don't have any closer local rivals, we signed a load of their best players (Dublin, Boateng, Hadji) and relegated them.  

• Like 1

Of the three signings made thus far under Emery you've got 1) Duran who by all accounts was more of a Lange/scouting department choice 2) a left back in Moreno that many were surprised to see us linked to in the first place given Villa already having two senior players in that position and had supposed more pressing needs elsewhere in the squad to address, and 3) Tielemans, who so many were writing off as a "lazy link" that was apparently never going to happen. I don't really get why folk are so confident about exactly what Emery and Monchi are going to want and not want in this window when there's such a limited sample size of track record at the club to work with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, useless said:

We won't be signing any of Barnes, Maddison, or Sancho, the big money will spent on the continent, we haven't installed all these Spanish scouts, and Presidents of Football to only then go and spend most of our budget on Leicester players and top six rejects, any domestic transfers are going to be reserved for 'cut price' deals we might find, à la Tielemans, but the big money transfers, as in thirty million or more, will likely come from beyond the Premier League 👨‍🦲✴️

Harry Maguire £35m incoming.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

They don't have any closer local rivals, we signed a load of their best players (Dublin, Boateng, Hadji) and relegated them.  

They're still bitter we signed Sir Dennis from them and who went on to life the league and european cup

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, useless said:

We won't be signing any of Barnes, Maddison, or Sancho, the big money will spent on the continent, we haven't installed all these Spanish scouts, and Presidents of Football to only then go and spend most of our budget on Leicester players and top six rejects, any domestic transfers are going to be reserved for 'cut price' deals we might find, à la Tielemans, but the big money transfers, as in thirty million or more, will likely come from beyond the Premier League 👨‍🦲✴️

Maybe, maybe not!

17 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Of the three signings made thus far under Emery you've got 1) Duran who by all accounts was more of a Lange/scouting department choice 2) a left back in Moreno that many were surprised to see us linked to in the first place given Villa already having two senior players in that position and had supposed more pressing needs elsewhere in the squad to address, and 3) Tielemans, who so many were writing off as a "lazy link" that was apparently never going to happen. I don't really get why folk are so confident about exactly what Emery and Monchi are going to want and not want in this window when there's such a limited sample size of track record at the club to work with.

This!

We don’t have a real clue who we are after…and people asserting assumptions as fact might be left with egg on their face over the coming months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They're still bitter we signed Sir Dennis from them and who went on to life the league and european cup

I mean, they've got a lot to be bitter about tbf - been an absolutely shit existence for their fans bar the FA Cup for years and years.

30 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I still find the Duran transfer odd. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe, maybe not!

I think the post is bang on the money also. As Mervyn King so brilliantly pointed out, we've been a bad decision making machine for far too long. Those days are over.

43 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Their derby is Kenilworth or Leamington surely? :D

Quick question lets say we do sign Pau Torres what happens with Carlos and Konsa ( assuming mingsy keeps his spot) i don’t see konsa and carlos both as bench players so it does appear unsettling in some regard. As centre back positions are not areas that you swap and change regularly despite the extra competitions you are in.

Edited by RicRic

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Quick question lets say we do sign Pau Torres what happens with Carlos and Konsa ( assuming mingsy keeps his spot) i don’t see konsa and carlos both as bench players so it does appear unsettling in some regard.

We could make two of them starting in cups and Europe. As the season goes those who showed better form will start more regularly. For now Mings and Konsa are doing great so let’s see how things goes.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Sancho is way more productive in terms of creating for others. He doesn't score as much because he doesn't take as many shots. 

Has shown anything in the Premier League for the money and wages he will warrant.