Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Seems I touched a nerve among some theists. Maybe don't bring up religion in the transfer thread to begin with 🙏

In fairness, it's not even about being a " theist " or not mate.

It's about mutual respect.

I think the religion was brought up in relation to Saudi seemingly targeting Muslim players ( Which would make sense )

Anyway, we've got alot of other stuff to argue about that to get into yet another OT moral debate lol.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think any signing from Villareal is going to be exciting simply because Emery knows the level those players are at, he knows the level our players are at, what we need to improve, and what we need to get to be consistently top 6. SO, any signing from Villareal, you'd think Emery would know that they'll improve us. 

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Hmm, hard to know if genuine link or just lazy ‘Emery liked him before’ sort of journalism 

Would Jurrien Timber be out of our range? Seems like his profile could be a great fit for the right back position under Emery, where he is a centre back by trade, but comfortable on the right and also has great passing range and dribbling ability and also knows how to defend

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why was it relevant to start talking about footballers' personal beliefs then? 

I wasn't the one who started discussing whether players were Muslim or Christian 🤣🤣

Seems I touched a nerve among some theists. Maybe don't bring up religion in the transfer thread to begin with 🙏

Maybe follow the chain of messages before making assumptions.

Another poster mentioned that Saudi’s PIF seem to be signing Muslim players and that Lukaku was also a Muslim. However I stated that he’s a Christian.

Then you piped in with your usual irrelevant nonsense and started even more nonsense about flat-earthers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, it's not even about being a " theist " or not mate.

It's about mutual respect.

I think the religion was brought up in relation to Saudi seemingly targeting Muslim players ( Which would make sense )

Anyway, we've got alot of other stuff to argue about that to get into yet another OT moral debate lol.

This is very woke of you. (I'm joking, but also not because this is what woke means!) 😀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

Would Jurrien Timber be out of our range? Seems like his profile could be a great fit for the right back position under Emery, where he is a centre back by trade, but comfortable on the right and also has great passing range and dribbling ability and also knows how to defend

My natural instinct is to think that he would be, teams in the Champions League were interested in him and getting priced out previously so it seems a stretch for Villa to rock up and manage it. Agree that he's the right profile of player though, I've always liked the look of Simakan too but again he's probably in a similar boat to Timber.

Who knows though, if we're as ambitious as is being reported than some of them may end up materialising. Through law of averages if nothing else 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe follow the chain of messages before making assumptions.

Another poster mentioned that Saudi’s PIF seem to be signing Muslim players and that Lukaku was also a Muslim. However I stated that he’s a Christian.

Then you piped in with your usual irrelevant nonsense and started even more nonsense about flat-earthers. 

Very intolerant of you, given your stance on tolerance!

The statement that the Saudis are only signing Muslim players was absurd and borderline racist but nobody pointed that one out for some reason. Of course they're not 🤣🤦‍♂️ absolutely daft and you were right to correct the comment about Lukaku

But coming at me is definitely misplaced when people are saying shit like that above.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Here we go again another controversial  figure 

Didn’t Valverde punch him in the face? Lol anyway Baena is an interesting player. I’m surprised it’s taken this long for us to be linked with him

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Very intolerant of you, given your stance on tolerance!

The statement that the Saudis are only signing Muslim players was absurd and borderline racist but nobody pointed that one out for some reason. Of course they're not 🤣🤦‍♂️ absolutely daft and you were right to correct the comment about Lukaku

But coming at me is definitely misplaced when people are saying shit like that above.

I never said they were only targeting Muslim players … I said that they may be a factor but also more to do with the fact they’re available. It was in response to a conspiracy theory tweet that PIF were helping Chelsea/Clearlake beat FFP to the detriment to Newcastle. I also put poss in brackets after Lukaku and before Mendy  so not to make assumptions they were indeed Muslim. If you saw racism in my post that says more about you and your beliefs than the post IMO 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm, hard to know if genuine link or just lazy ‘Emery liked him before’ sort of journalism 

The way we like to do our business It would suggest to me we are actually interested as we were linked with Pino, Jackson, Chukwueze pretty early doors in Emery’s reign but not Baena who could be the best of the lot. 

Edited by thabucks