Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

According to wiki he signed a new contract with Benfica in March with a €60m release clause. Seems odd he would leave only a few months later.

Then again he might have just signed the deal so they'd get something instead of leaving on a free after 5 years there.

33 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No idea about the source but it's so far out of left field that it might be legit.  Benfica's starting keeper to replace Olsen?

Benfica's starting keeper to replace Martinez?

😢

42 minutes ago, KMitch said:

No idea about the source but it's so far out of left field that it might be legit.  Benfica's starting keeper to replace Olsen?

what on earth is a qqlcoisaserve

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

After listening to La Liga guy on All Villa No Filler podcast I'll take his take on Pau Torres not being combative enough CB. That would be really bad in PL

Said before he will only be joining to be Mings back up

11 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not really sure why, but Emi was on that podcast with Ian Wright and Dybala’s lady. When Emi said he wanted to bring more Argentinians she did say 'bring Dybala'. 👀

10 hours ago, Tayls said:

She referred to him by his surname? Hah 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Said before he will only be joining to be Mings back up

He also said what happens when Mings doesn't play and do you want to spend +40m on lesser aerial combative defender that plays Mings position

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He also said what happens when Mings doesn't play and do you want to spend +40m on lesser aerial combative defender that plays Mings position

Yes if Emery wants him … We have Carlos & Konsa… Do you wanna keep Hause cause he’s good in the air ? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Wouldn't be a huge surprise with Bohly would it. 

I love Emi but if we got, say, 70m and could go out and get Bono for, say 40m which puts 30m in the pot for signings and meant we could afford Goncalves and Williams (as an example) would people be upset?

I would be. We shouldn't need to sell (the best goalkeeper in the world) to buy. 

• Like 1

Upgrade on Bailey? Why not that Kulusevski bloke at Juventus. Looks decent :P And I'm not even joking. Our main competition would be a side not in Europe and on a downward slope.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Upgrade on Bailey? Why not that Kulusevski bloke at Juventus. Looks decent :P And I'm not even joking. Our main competition would be a side not in Europe and on a downward slope.

Don't Spurs have an option to buy?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Don't Spurs have an option to buy?

They didn't make Europe, so I hear any claims they had are gone.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

After listening to La Liga guy on All Villa No Filler podcast I'll take his take on Pau Torres not being combative enough CB. That would be really bad in PL

Some of the best CB'S aren't particularly combative. Central defenders generally don't make many tackles these days. Also centre back is a partnership. Generally you partner an aggressive combative cb with a quick intelligent cb. The combative one one being a stopper, and the quick one being the covering defender.

Pau Torres has some pace about him, and he reads the game so well. He'd be a fine partner for either Mings or Carlos, both of whom are comfortable being the stopper.

17 minutes ago, John said:

I would be. We shouldn't need to sell (the best goalkeeper in the world) to buy. 

Best goal keeper in the world? Come on he’s not the best in the PL. Take the emotion out of it.

If we had an offer of 70m for Emi it would be a poor business decision to turn it down. We don’t have the endless pot of money some clubs have at some point we will have to turn a profit on certain players to reinvest. That said I’d be gutted if we lost him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1