Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Spezia relegated meaning someone will pick up their RB Emil Holm for very little money. Wouldn't mind it if it was us. Think he'll stay in Italy thou.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Would you take Jadon Sancho? I don’t think he would join us but I can’t see many top clubs clamouring to sign him 🧐

Dortmunds sancho yes

Man utds sancho no

Wingers are hard to work out as so many of them drop off a cliff in their mid 20s

I'd take a loan with options so we can take a proper assessment of him whilst also buying another wide man and selling traore

2 hours ago, sne said:

Spezia relegated meaning someone will pick up their RB Emil Holm for very little money. Wouldn't mind it if it was us. Think he'll stay in Italy thou.

His passing stats look concerning to say the least - the bottom percentile for completion, 6th worst for attempted. Looks like he is tasked with driving the ball forward and enjoys a dribble/taking on his man. Given the archetype is presumably Foyth, do you think he can fit in into a vastly different role?

Sancho has suffered from a lot of issues, both physically and mentally, at United this season: he took that break from football for a while this season. It's not helped that United haven't played to his strengths.

We'd never sign him, but there's definitely a lot of non-footballing factors in play 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So I reckon it Would be Goncalves in for Buendia

Williams in for Bailey?

Based on the playing styles of the aforementioned.

Yes with Buendia and Bailey in squad providing competition/cover. Traore sold and Coutinho? ……. who knows.

• Like 3

Has anyone else watched lots of Williams clips, and not been overly impressed?

I have watched loads of his "best skills, passes, runs etc etc", and tbh, i cant say i was super impressed, tbh it looked a lot like Bailey's videos did in Germany....

Williams looked fairly rapid/skilful, but i certainly wasnt sitting there going "wow".

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Has anyone else watched lots of Williams clips, and not been overly impressed?

I have watched loads of his "best skills, passes, runs etc etc", and tbh, i cant say i was super impressed, tbh it looked a lot like Bailey's videos did in Germany....

Williams looked fairly rapid/skilful, but i certainly wasnt sitting there going "wow".

Honestly though, how many players do wow like that.

You could pull out a hell of a highlights package for Traore and i think we all knows he's crap.

We have to just trust that Emery knows what they will bring to the team as he's looking at the bigger picture.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

You could pull out a hell of a highlights package for Traore and i think we all knows he's crap.

We have to just trust that Emery knows what they will bring to the team as he's looking at the bigger picture.

fair point!

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

His passing stats look concerning to say the least - the bottom percentile for completion, 6th worst for attempted. Looks like he is tasked with driving the ball forward and enjoys a dribble/taking on his man. Given the archetype is presumably Foyth, do you think he can fit in into a vastly different role?

More like a different option. Renains to be seen if we'll actually be set up in the exact way that Villarreal was.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

More like a different option. Renains to be seen if we'll actually be set up in the exact way that Villarreal was.

I think the likelihood is that whoever we do sign will be very comfortable in possession and expected to play and receive a high volume of passes, given our patient style of play. He's not doing that where he is, which could well just be down to his role and the team's style, so wondering if he could adapt to our system.

39 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

@Tom13 are you going to stand for this ? ;)

On a serious note I’d take YouTube videos with a pinch of salt. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think the likelihood is that whoever we do sign will be very comfortable in possession and expected to play and receive a high volume of passes, given our patient style of play. He's not doing that where he is, which could well just be down to his role and the team's style, so wondering if he could adapt to our system.

Nah, hes more of a ex RW than a CB