Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Given that Buendia has fallen back out of favor and Bailey has had struggles through his time here, I see another forward coming in.

I can see adding some depth in midfield.

Otherwise, I have no idea what we're going to do. Most of the squad is playing so well right now that, other than truly elite world class players, it will be hard to improve...and the truly elite world class players will still be hard to attract with Conference League competition.

Thought we'd see a lot of the on loan older players- Nakamba / Sanson / Davis etc go, but with needing almost 2 teams next season, could be reason to keep them, at least until we sign replacements. You only have to look at the bench yesterday to see how short we are in attacking options. 

The 2 obvious positions to improve upon are RB and then the Second Striker. After that a proper ball playing centre half and another centre mid of the quality of Boubs and Doug for competition. Then maybe an upgrade on Buendia. That’s 4/5 new quality players supported by 2/3 top quality youngsters. Total 6/7 new players in. 

• Like 2

Now that the season is not even 24 hours old no doubt the media speculation will be all over our players trying to unsettle them.....

Strange that media cannot seem to give us the kudos that we deserve this season, yet spend hours on Everton not being relegated when they are not talking about Chelsea and spuds revival next season.

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Now that the season is not even 24 hours old no doubt the media speculation will be all over our players trying to unsettle them.....

Strange that media cannot seem to give us the kudos that we deserve this season, yet spend hours on Everton not being relegated when they are not talking about Chelsea and spuds revival next season.

under the radar, is sometimes a good thing..... but I get your point.

• Like 1

I agree that RW and RB are our main weaknesses. One thing I think needs addressing is keeping possession higher up the pitch when we're under the pump.

Neither Bailey not Buendia is really cut out for this and give the ball away too frequently for mine. We need someone with a combination of pace and strength for that I think. No idea who.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

I know a lot of us might feel a bit indifferent doing business with Barca again, after the Alemany situation but Torres for this price is a no brainer surely?

Pretty much 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I know a lot of us might feel a bit indifferent doing business with Barca again, after the Alemany situation but Torres for this price is a no brainer surely?

Yeah that's a no brainer.

Unless the other option is Asensio on a free.

Have to be careful here, we could easily end up with both or neither 😅

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, useless said:

We could potentially play an extra fifteen games next season in Europe and on top of that will be hoping to go much further in the domestic cups. So going to need a bigger squad, can only name twenty-five over 21, so to boost options might have to sign more younger players.

spacer.png 

I think we could possibly see 1 or 2 surprise outs, someone like Buendia for example.

Not necessarily because we want thim gone, but he may want minutes we can't necessarily guarantee him ( With quality additions ), and a good offer may come in.

Kind of feel for him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think we could possibly see 1 or 2 surprise outs, someone like Buendia for example.

Not necessarily because we want thim gone, but he may want minutes we can't necessarily guarantee him ( With quality additions ), and a good offer may come in.

Kind of feel for him.

We need players and Digne hasn't exactly thrown toys out of the pram. Elite teams that people would like us to be have players that aren't guaranteed minutes. Look at City for example. Buendia is going nowhere

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1