Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I really wanted Tammy a few seasons ago as many of you may have noticed 😉 I don’t care these days who we buy for any position or who we sell because I’m more interested in Emery building a squad he wants and I know I will have mixed feelings in some of the decisions but he knows better and has taken many misfits and turned them into stars hence I put my trust in him.

In saying that if we spend £40m-£50m or more on one player, they won’t be coming in as a back up player.  So if Emery does buy Tammy for the figures quoted, there is no way he’ll be coming in as only a back up player whatever you guys individually think of him or any player of similar note.

To echo what I think I’ve read in this thread, I can’t see us buying a striker for a huge amount of money. 

Emery obviously rates Watkins. Duran is slowly getting minutes under his belt, then there’s Archer to come back. I think they’re all going to be involved for us next season. Can’t see a fourth player being here who could lead the line.

I think more likely is paying a higher price for a wide forward/winger who can stand in as the focal point if required. 

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I really wanted Tammy a few seasons ago as many of you may have noticed 😉 I don’t care these days who we buy for any position or who we sell because I’m more interested in Emery building a squad he wants and I know I will have mixed feelings in some of the decisions but he knows better and has taken many misfits and turned them into stars hence I put my trust in him.

In saying that if we spend £40m-£50m or more on one player, they won’t be coming in as a back up player.  So if Emery does buy Tammy for the figures quoted, there is no way he’ll be coming in as only a back up player whatever you guys individually think of him or any player of similar note.

Given Emery's meticulous nature, I am sure we will really pin-point our targets. Not just bring in a random winger because we need some depth there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Am thankful for Tammy helping us in getting into PL , but don’t think he’s has improved enough to help us into European slots. A back up striker maybe.. 

We would be really stupid to buy Tammy for £50m.

I don't think we will.

• Like 1

I think if we get an attacking player for big money in the summer, it’ll be a wider attacker as an upgrade on the likes of Bailey and Traore.

I can see Watkins still being number 1 pick for the main striking role, especially if he continues this rich vein of form. 

• Like 1

I think we’ll go for Moussa Dembele, just have a feeling that’s who the striker will be.

Would love someone like Ramos, Adamu or Okafor though but we’ve already got two young uns in Duran and Archer. Watkins is 1st choice but Dembele would offer us something a bit different. 

I also think we’re after Goncalves too for the RW/SS

Add in Otavio/Guendouzi and we’d be well set for a European push next year. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Would rather take a punt on Gonçalo Ramos than Abraham, but I’d imagine there will be plenty of clubs after him.

Plus Benfica don’t need to sell after they shafted Chelsea for £100m+ for Fernandez.

They got about 180 million for Fernandez and Nunez from the Premier League

• Like 1

6 hours ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll go for Moussa Dembele, just have a feeling that’s who the striker will be.

Would love someone like Ramos, Adamu or Okafor though but we’ve already got two young uns in Duran and Archer. Watkins is 1st choice but Dembele would offer us something a bit different. 

I also think we’re after Goncalves too for the RW/SS

Add in Otavio/Guendouzi and we’d be well set for a European push next year. 

He's really reigning it in at Lyon now. Stinking it out at the moment.

Anyone seen much of Anel Ahmedhodžić this season at Sheff Utd? Seems one of the best centre backs in the championship and I would be looking at him if Sheff Utd don't end up getting promoted. He would suit either centre back replacing Konsa or right back in Emery's formation. 

6'4" and very strong and determined. Very comfortable on the ball and likes to carry it forward. Could be a shrewd summer signing if available 

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Just read Roma want £67m for Tammy 😅

According to the daily Mail Everton and us will be in for him. I don’t see us going for but Everton? Really they will probably be in the championship next year if not they will avoid relegation by a point and also they don’t have a pot to piss in how would they afford him also very much doubt Tammy would want to go near that club 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's really reining it in at Lyon now. Stinking it out at the moment.

I know this year he’s been binned in favour of Lacazette but he tore it up last season.

I just think out of the two forward positions we’ll go big, fee wise, on a RW/SS rather than a striker.