Pre Match Thread

maqroll

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think Palace and Bournemouth have already been confirmed as 3pms, Bournemouth game will probably be only premier league match on that day given it's FA cup QFs weekend.

Forest at home is also 3pm.

I hope it stays that way as I'm, hoping to finally get to a game after a few years!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I hope it stays that way as I'm, hoping to finally get to a game after a few years!

TV games are yet to be announced for April onwards so I fear that could be moved.

Would be a cracking atmosphere under the lights so could see that being a Monday night game like the one at the City ground earlier this season. Fond memories of that ridiculous 5-5 in the championship which was also a midweek game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I guess, we take it for Granted....us locals.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 21:55, OutByEaster? said:

They come to the ground early then go away to a hotel for lunch - I think they come back from that at about 12:30-13:00, not sure on that though.

Nice one, thanks. Will try and get up there for midday.

Despite their recent form they're a decent team these especially in midfield so we have to be careful here, but it would be disappointing to drop points at home with the form we're in and under Don Unai. Maddison is brilliant so I hope he's not back for them, please sign him in the summer Villa to replace Coutinho 🙏

For fun a combined 11 which is pretty fair:

Martinez

Castagne Faes Mings Moreno/Digne

Bailey Tielemans Kamara Barnes 

Madders

Watkins

6 Villa players and 5 Leicester.

On 01/02/2023 at 16:48, Lerner's Driver said:

Since the Premier League restarted after the World Cup break, no team has lost more games (4), or won fewer points (1) than Leicester City.

And we all know what that means 😅

Oh no!  Can Emery break the Villa curse!

8 hours ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Brendan Rodgers said "Its a derby game" lol
Must be in charge of the Villa ticket pricing. 

Always find it odd when you support a team and you have no derby whatsoever. Of course in geographical terms Leicester are pretty close to Nottingham and Derby but far more feeling between those two than any game v Leicester really.

They probably had one of those anti Villa things going with Coventry in late 90s/early 200s but again not played them in ages now so who else is there?

Was going to say Brighton are similar but they've had the longstanding rivalry with Palace since the 80s.