Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Just now, Thug said:

Actually it’s not.

Thats a mavic mini, under the 250g that means you can’t fly it within 50m of someone.

Farcical law.

Ah nice one, not too familiar with drone models, thought it looks much heavier than that but I guess the importance of keeping the weight down makes it quite deceptive

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Anybody got any clue why this isn't a penalty?

There clearly was some contact, but I think that the ref didn't want to give it because the ball was already past him and he was never going to get it. As a ref, you don't want to give a pen when the foul didn't affect the play. JJ went down a little easily, too, which doesn't earn any sympathy from refs.

• Like 3

We've played well at times and looked like we have things under control, but there's a little bit of the thing against Stevenage, where when we get comfortable, we lack a bit of the edge we need to turn it into goals. Hopefully they'll be back out before too long and we can nick one before half time.

Just now, Jas10 said:

Ridiculous. Players should just have been allowed to take turns in smashing the ball at it and destroying it!

This is only going to encourage more idiots. 

It might have an explosive in it hence why they have to leave the pitch. You just don’t know what kind of whack job owns it.

image.gif.b0e10b49c514a8dcdd8cb0ef94806e92.gif

I missed the first 15 minutes but from what I have seen we've been very good. felt very controlled and just need a better final ball here and there. Ramsey should have taken his chance. 

Impressed so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Ah nice one, not too familiar with drone models, thought it looks much heavier than that but I guess the importance of keeping the weight down makes it quite deceptive

Bizarrely I was watching some YouTube video of some dickhead that basically goes around pissing off the police and business owners quoting exactly that law

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Every stadium should have a drone catching drone. Surely. It's **** 2023

Southampton FC don't own the airspace so if a drone is under 250g it's legal to fly I'm afraid.

Not saying the guy isn't a bellend for flying it but he's not breaking the law.

Edited by AshVilla